PMC Fact 8 vs Kudos S20

But like with any speaker, messing about with placement is key, I have found out over the 2 years I have had my fact 12’s that moving them around makes a big difference.
Right now due to my room, I have one speaker back about 4 inches from the other, this has put the center sound smack bang in the middle, if I have them level then the room sends the left channel to me before the right.

2 Likes

Seconded. My left 25.26 speaker sits back 3-4 inches more, brings bass right in and centered with nice fast delivery.

Scott

Playing at the moment bbc R3 Between 8 and 9 sounds sweet to me the the atc tweeter is much less bright than pmc, but I did not see that a fault with pmc they’re just different. currently trialling ndx2 282 hicap with view to replacing 272,
Ps if you have the black version the grilles are much less visible.

1 Like

When we tried the Twenty5.23 in the dealer’s demo room, we also felt that they were ever so slightly on the bright side at the top end (think Allegri’s Miserere), but in our sitting room they were bang on – so glad we tried them at home.

1 Like

That’s great I still have my pmc20.23 which the atcs have replaced

How is it with the new Titan range? Are they different to the S20/ T88?
I have owned both (S20/T88) and could not get them to work in my room. Harsh and the T88 lacked bassperformance (NDS/252/300).

In the opposite end Focal Sopra 2 works really well, actually with most levels of Naim boxes.

S

1 Like

I’ve only heard the T808’s and they were weighty enough in the bass.

I’ve not heard the Sopra, but I have been subjected to the Kanta 2’s at a dealers. Sitting far too close and with the volume cranked to 11 o’clock and no choice of the music being played. I wouldn’t say I was impressed. I’d love to hear the Sopras though, they do devide opinion though.

I only have first-hand experience with the 707 – actively driven in a massive room at one of Acoustica’s shows a few years ago. I thought the bass was awesome – double basses in Sibelius’ Symphony No. 5 sounded fantastic, super realistic. Also, no sign of harshness whatsoever. It was my favourite room at the show – but sadly my taste in music wasn’t aligned with the majority of hifi enthusiast there… :cry: Otherwise I could have spent hours in that room…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.