Potential Business Sound System?

I guess the 100m2 response was indirectly adressed to me.
I realize now that 100 m2 is probably bigger than average coffee places.
So if it’s maybe 50m2, I wonder still if a Muso could fill the space.
If yes, it would be an elegant solution.

Thanks HH. I’m thinking one space only divided by couches, a few tables and a counter section. I guess, there could be a upstairs if the place is too small.

I will look into the mu-so Qbs. I will need streaming, analog and my ripped music at hand. What do you recommended cabling wise? I know you can spend a minor fortune on some products. What would be a decent inexpensive option?

I guess, the issue is I have no experience with them but when things open up then I will check them out. Know any businesses that use that set up? Maybe I could give them a call and see how they like them.

Yes, I definitely, don’t want to be unpowered for those few rocking nights :slight_smile:

1 Like

The only thing I have to add is in Japan they have hi-fi bars which are noted for their quality of sound. Whilst the systems they use are beyond the financial reach of most of us here it may give you some ideas regards the bar.

I’ve never been to one of them but they sound great - all puns intended ! :grinning:

Great suggestion. I will look into them. Thanks. Puns accepted :grinning:

1 Like

You can replicate that @Woody, :rofl::rofl:

A lot now use big tv screens with sound bars, with Deezer for instance. And occasionally football matches. ( in France)

Wouldn’t that be nice. Might need to win a little money on the horses or a rich woman first :joy:

Check out the Crate People out of California, they make furniture from old wooden crates used on farms to harvest vegetables and fruits.

1 Like

The advantage of using multiple mu-so is that you only need cheap ethernet to connect it all up. A router, a switch and some wires will give the WiFi control of it all. If you have a more serious music area you could have a SuperUniti or whatever, with some speakers, and QBs elsewhere. It’s all very straightforward. You can start small and build, so long as the ethernet sockets are installed to start with. It sounds a lovely idea and I hope it’s a great success if you do decide to go ahead. And you won’t need to charge a 20% gratuity like in New York.

If you’re considering current Naim stuff, you might consider an Atom, Star or Nova driving speakers as the main system. You can then use Musos or Muso QBs elsewhere to cover the whole area. In multiroom mode, you can then balance the sound by using them in multiroom mode. The unitis digitise the analogue input so that it can be multiroomed to the other players too.

Croatia, just searching around!

Great ideas.

Brilliant and I like your sign off. Less 20% will be nice. Although, I tip quite well, the idea that it is basically mandatory is not in the spirit of what tipping is all about. Also, the owners should be paying staff a livable wage. Outside of restaurants and bars, random people still expect tips for what should an act of humanity (such as a flat tire on a motorway). I won’t miss that. Don’t get me started haha

Going forward next year, I will only be complaining about the rain haha

Thanks. Better get onto Naims website and look into all of this. Do you know, a good, knowledgeable retailer for expert advice and then purchase? Someone mentioned Tom Tom as a good source. Though, I could go back to the Dublin retailer where I bought my Naim home amp, pre, PS from. Although, it may be nice to give someone else a turn.

Excellent. This is great. I am glad, I stopped on the forum last night. Thanks everyone

Nice. Thanks

A wine bar near me uses multiple Sonos units mounted on the walls up high, granted it’s only for background music as such but I’m always impressed by the sq plus they’re easy to network

Yes, I plan to look at all options. Although my home equipment is Naim except for Focal and Rega TT, I am not married to it for this potential enterprise although I do love their stuff and the technical support is excellent (great time for questions and advice).

What’s your location? Probably worth calling a few dealers in your area and finding one who can really help you.

Well New York presently but when all this insanity is over it will be 100km south of Dublin. My 272, XPS and 250 are waiting in the Dublin dealer for me to pick up and finally play. In New York, I just have an Nait XS, Oppo 105D and Rega Planar 6. The reason I ask about other Naim dealers if I go that route, is I want to get different opinions so I don’t go down the wrong path. Lets put it like this, I didn’t work on Wall Street so funds will need to spent wisely. If it fails so be it. At least, I will surround by nice sound as I ponder where it all went wrong :slight_smile:

Can one make a print out of this to look over peoples ideas and add it to my folder of notes or do I scribble down a few notes or copy and paste? Sorry, if it is obvious and I am not seeing it.