Potential Speaker Upgrade

If you can stretch to it, the Wilson Benesch A.C.T. One Evolutions are stunning to look at and completely outclassed a pair of PMC Fact 12 Signatures I was demo-ing in parallel. Quite breathtaking sound and much easier to drive than the PMCs…

1 Like

Gauder is a small manufacture in the south of Germany (Stuttgart area). I visited them some years ago. Everything is handmade there, Dr. Gauder is an enthusiast. The DARC and the Berlina are maybe the best loudspeakers from Germany, but I have never heard them with Naim gear.

1 Like

Hi again, Mr. Suedkiez!
Nice to see these wonderful Sehring speakers in your home! :ok_hand: I also love the design. A good friend of mine owned some older ones and sold them 10 years ago. They were in a nice harmony with a 282 based system. This is why I mentioned them in the named post. I am curious how your voyage would be with them and your wonderful system.

I am also thinking about new speakers in the next years but it is far away because of my investments in the Naim and Linn gear in 2020 an 2021. But I will visit Berlin and Sehring in the near future. Maybe there will be a possibility to say hello to you. There is a small number of Naimers in Germany and I think that we are the only 2 Austrians… :wink: :austria:

Have fun and enjoy your music! :musical_score:

2 Likes

Absolutely, I’m only a few minutes from Sehring. Drop me and Richard a post and he can give you my contact. :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I have no idea how this functions but I will find it out :wink: Have fun and keep me updated! :+1:

I guess we can do it right now. @Richard.Dane can you send @krautnaimie my email address? It’s in my profile

2 Likes

Thanks and have fun! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @Richard.Dane!

2 Likes

Coffee and a roll up, nice, 21 years clean and I’m still tempted :slightly_smiling_face:
Love the speakers btw

2 Likes

I just noticed that you are smoking. Be careful, it’s bad for the system. I hope you clean regularly the contacts.

1 Like

Usually only outside, was a special occasion. Nice find with the picture :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree w u Clare as i had a pair of Sopra 2 with an almost same system as u. I would say for the price point, a pair of great speakers.

I almost upgraded to scala evo. Eventually went for Marten Mingus Twenty after some audition (and partly due to scala size for my room).

Now I knw where isoacoustic gaia gotten their design inspiration from… :joy::joy:

4 Likes

same - the No2 would be $20,000 here based on exchange rate with the Uk - but are selling for $27000 - thats a big leap

1 Like

Hi @Buryfc
May I float the idea of trying something from Graham Audio or Wilmslow Audio.
Kind Regards.
Roger

Great picture Suedkiez, nice to see in situ system context pictures…Naim in the home, and Sehring of course.

I very much like the modular approach but I think I need to get used to the angled design look.

Thanks, glad you like it! Matter of taste :slight_smile: In my room the angled ones are a great fit style-wise and I think they look more interesting. But all the models can also be built as straight towers (and the photos on Sehring Audio dot com are all like this. As mentioned, they are working on updating the site)

On the subject of Kudos Titans - I have 808s which are irrelevant for budget reasons but:

1. 505’s are excellent though with the stands they are not far off the 606 price I think. Spent a very happy hour listening to them at a show once

2. 606s - these seem to be preferred by most people over the 707s. Only heard 606s briefly just before 707s (both active) ant a kudos event at Acoustica - and I hugely preferred the 707s but don’t know if that is my preference, or if going active makes the 707s hugely better and widen the gap from the 606s

Heard some 707’s at last weekend audio show, they sounded nice, but the other speakers they also used did sound even better on the same system, better in the mids, treble and wider sounding.
Not sure what the other speakers were or priced at, but they didn’t look that nice or special, but as said sounded nice

I’ve just had the 707’s on a weeks home demo. Whilst I liked some of what they did, especially vocals I wasn’t wholly convinced they were for me. The rest of the family hated them. They felt they were too in your face, almost shouty in my room. The dealer and I had a good play around with positioning but it didn’t seem to help. Perhaps the 606’s would be better in my room ?

Next on the audition list is the PMC Fact 12’s. Hopefully in the next few weeks. I do like the PMC sound having owned GB1i, FB1i and my current 20.26’s