Power Strip

It appears AVO isn’t selling this one any more. Perhaps lack of parts/sales.

Yeah checked into it, didn’t see this one on their webshop.

Agreed, based on the majority of recommendations here, I went ahead and ordered the AV Options Wiremold with Tibia+12 & C7 bundle.

6 Likes

Definitely, from my other thread about the Fraims/IsoBlue racks. I currently have a TT stand, it’s a Salamander Synergy cabinet.

It’s not the worst, but I’m looking to upgrade that soon regardless.

Never owned the Fraim(s) (yet), but I have had the IsoBlue rack (six and a base in Ash) for years and find it quite an elegant design. I’d love the Fraim, but it would take considerable monies to acquire them. Perhaps in time. Anyway, I highly recommend IsoBlue if you foresee staying with Naim for years to come.

2 Likes

Still seems to be available, Audience website lists it at $2000

3 Likes

Does anyone know what the advantages are of this product over a power strip?

Went from Wiremold to an Audioquest Powerquest 2, noticeable improvement. Now demoing an Audioquest Niagara 1200 and it’s a big step up. Set up at home demos of whatever strips you’re interested in and listen.

1 Like

Don’t forget.

Don’t just plug the components into the strip in a haphazard manner.

If I remember correctly, sources (cd player etc) closest to the power inlet, next pre-amp, lastly the power amps.

But my memory isn’t that good these days, so it could be the opposite. :grinning:

1 Like

I always forget too, but the AV Options manual specifies the opposite. Power amp at end with cord, sources at opposite end.

2 Likes

This looks interesting. I can’t do a dedicated spur b/c I’m leasing but I do have the hifi on its own line. I wonder if this will bring improvement over my Ultra HBL strip?

1 Like

I’ve just dragged my power strip from behind the television cabinet. You are correct.

Took the opportunity to remove every plug and re-insert.

And has it made a difference?

Probably doesn’t really…LOL

I think the order of plugging is the opposite, power amp first, sources last.

2 Likes

I use the Adept Response PDC and would strongly recommend it. It still appears on their website, so I’d contact them about availability. I think the only other option is the AV Options Super Wiremold. Stay far away from any power conditioning, etc. They will only degrade the sound.

If you have not, a dedicated circuit for your hi-fi will also bring improvement.

2 Likes

On this occasion I wanted to find out-
Is there a supplier in England that sells the Powerigel for export?
I received an answer today, from the manufacturer in Germany, that they have a legal problem regarding exports in this product.
Anyone aware of this?

1 Like

The aR6 PDC is nice for sure. It’s a significant price jump from the SuperWiremold. Perhaps a future upgrade for me, but I’d like to try as many “at home” demos when I reach that point as well.

Ar6 PDC-OX is still made. Not sure what the “-OX” is on the model number, outside of it perhaps meaning it includes the power cord.

1 Like

The “O” part of the upgrade designates the use of OHNO oxygen-free continuous cast copper (OCC), 6 nines purity mono-crystal wiring throughout. This is Audience’s top of the line AC power wire design specifically applied for the internal wiring of Audience power conditioners. It yields improved resolution, greater musical “speed” and immediacy and better soundstaging.

The “X” designation indicates the use of new rhodium plated copper internal contacts in the AC outlets. The copper contacts provide the very highest conductivity and the quality rhodium plating prevents oxidation of the copper. These high conductivity receptacles improve virtually every aspect of a system’s audio reproduction.

2 Likes