Power Strip

If you want, I can sell you a 20 000€ Hand crafted and blessed power strip. Which is so transparent you can feel the black hole in the center of the milky way rotating and syncing your music system with the universe. It doesn’t only retain the original Naim Prat, it improves on it and makes your system feel like 10000000€. This is maybe the only update you ever need and will become the most important part of your system. As we all know power is very important, you basically listen to your electrical grid, so a very good power strip is very important. You can always try it and if you don’t like it, you can always resell it at a higher value. With inflation, this shouldn’t be a problem. But I am sure you will immediately hear and like the feeling of the rotating black hole.

4 Likes

For £40,000 i will sell you some cotton wool, place some in each ear, makes any system sound fabulous!

For 40 000€ it must be amazing. I mean it won’t cost 40K if it wasn’t amazing. I think I’ll be open to try it. If it doesn’t sound better, maybe my system is not revealing enough. But do you think someone will sell an item for 40K if it is not worth that much?

1 Like

I like your style Ivo😀 never take this hobby too seriously

1 Like

And it also has a bus bar. So - already 1/2 way there to the chord stuff!

“Haters gonna hate”

2 Likes

Yep they will.
Intelligent and non gullible golden ears will buy a non overpriced 10k power strip. By the way you realize that I am just making fun of you? I couldn’t care less. Just think human psychology is amazing :joy:.

I have a second hand MusicLine MK 1 - 6 way Powerigel affectionately known as the hedgehog which cost me £350.

I think maybe you’re poking your fun at the wrong person… No Snake oil ingested here…

Just because I pointed out an expensive product doesn’t mean I endorse it or want to buy it…

I was merely pointing out the extremes of what is currently available.

Image of my cute Hedgehog bellow. Well not actually an image of mine rather a generic image off the interweb of what I own.

Of course mine has a UK plug.

1 Like

Igel is German for hedgehog. I also have a non snake oily but nice and star wired power strip from audiophonics and am happy to have it. I got the impression that the general thought is that the 10K power strip is magic.

1 Like

It wasn’t me that posted the 10K strip that actually then turned out to be a 7.9K strip (in the UK).

I posted it as joke and example how crazy things can get for a power strip/block. Whether is 8K UK or 10K EU.

1 Like

I think that was obvious to most people.

1 Like

I bought the Chord S6 and Epic power cable and the step up over the Wireworld Matrix that it replaced is great. Not just different, I think anyone would agree the bass goes down deeper, clarity goes further and separation goes up the scale towards divorce. I like an improvement that works on all kit/ sources. Now is it worth the loot it cost? Nope, but shrouds don’t have pockets.

4 Likes

I’m glad that there is something that offers better performance than the Wireworld Matrix. I have one for several years before it broke down. I took it apart and noticed that the parts used in the construction are rather basic, nothing special.

I replaced the WW Matrix 2 with a APC strip with lightning surge protector that costs about £20 and noticed little to no difference. I now have most of the critical components plugged in directly to the wall outlet so there isn’t any need for a high quality strip. However, I would seriously look at the Chord Powerhaus S6 or the cheaper Audioquest Niagara 1200 in the future if I require a high quality strip since almost everyone heard a difference when upgrading from the WW Matrix.

If would be great if there is a photo showing the innards of the Chord PowerHaus. I am not sure why Chord doesn’t provide any images of the insides of the power strip, and there isn’t any available when I searched on the internet. There are images showing the innards of the Audiquest Niagara 1200, and it’s interesting to note that several tiny transformers are used in the construction of the units.

3 Likes

I have the niagara 1200 and run everything except the amp through it to good effect

2 Likes

Curious about what you thought of the Shunyata stuff

Surge protection? Possibly.
Lightning protection? No!

1 Like

That’s good because i use a cheapo non-filtered, no surge protection ProElec three gang mains block for my NAS, router, switch. I put a better mains plug on it. Took the block apart and closed all the jaws with a pair of pliers, redone all the wiring to my satisfaction - £12. Fantastic. All my HiFi is plugged direct into the wall using a triple switchless socket on a dedicated radial.

1 Like

Would you say a bit more about this 15amp round pin fuseless plug please?

What make was it?

Is this a UK mains plug on the wall end of the power cable that feeds your power strip?

If it has round pins, then you must have plugged it into a round pin mains socket - was that different to the standard UK mains socket you used previously?

Thanks
Jim