Power Strip

Where does one get a Hydra made of Powerlines? Is it by any chance really expensive?

2 Likes

I think the closest you would get is the Powerigel Plus, from Musicline in Germany.

3 Likes

Wow! I wasn’t expecting an option considerably more expensive than 4 Powerlines plugged into the connected sockets!

2 Likes

Sent a handfull of Powerlines to Grahams and get them to make a hydra?

There isn’t any need to feel guilty. One of the mains cable in my system costs more than the DAC that’s connected to it. It’s surely worth the effort to focus more on the mains and cables with the 500 series…

1 Like

Not feeling guilty. Maybe i used the wrong emoji. Am now wondering if I need to try the next one up from signature…

1 Like

There aren’t commercially available Nick :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Tim. The Music mains cables are sooo expensive but great IMO. The one I use feeding S1 is a seriously nice upgrade. I have one to 500 which is also worthy. I preferred Sigx it to Powerlines but not by a huge margin. So if you clearly preferred the Sigx to Powerlines then the Music is a bigger upgrade IMHO. If you have everything going into the M6 block then that has to be the one to go for first obviously. The work that goes in to Music cables is impressive with sound to match in my system. It may be a synergy thing. Your system will soon be so similar🤔. Ross is the big Chord advocate as it were and my go to man.

1 Like

I think Pete mentioned something about you using music. Yes, it’s the one to the mains block I am thinking of now - want to start off right but not change anything I don’t have to. Others can stay for now - will message Ross and have a chat with him for the options

Just re-read your message. The signature was not compared with power line - it was compared with epic running from the wall to the M6 block (which then has power lines to the 500 system). Haven’t compared the signature with a power line into a component

1 Like

Oh got it. Nice options for you to try :+1:. It’s all so subjective isn’t it?

1 Like

Well, Martin and I were surprised at the very clear difference between epic and signature from the M6 to the wall. In the context of full 500 systems we’d be mad not to - it’s only about 0.5% of the total system cost

1 Like

Agreed. A friend of mine who is also an Acoustica customer has just done a lengthy home dem of Epic v Sigx to M6 Block and came to the same conclusion.

Just be warned the Music is such a good cable in my system and a lot better than Sigx particularly feeding S1. I’ve had one on loan from Chord’s library feeding my 500 which Ross is going to try on his S1 after my new one arrives later this week. That’s the 13amp IEC version. I’m sure that Acoustica have the 16amp version in their dem room.

1 Like

Hmm. Maybe it’s something to be aware of but do next year rather than try to do all in one go. Spread the cost a bit

1 Like

Sounds like a smart plan Tim. Enjoy the changes individually and it also allows the new gear time to fully burn in :+1:.

1 Like

How do you describe in simple words the Chord M6 block,what did you use before …because I’m consider to buy for myself? Sorry to ask you this cliche again

1 Like

I used a Musicworks G4 before Meni. These types of changes are not gobsmacking IMO but the M6 sounds a little better in all areas. Cleaner would maybe be the most obvious improvement or more open. The G4 is a nice block though. You like the Chord Music power cable so I feel that you will also like what the M6 block does. Voiced by the same guys!

1 Like

These types of changes are not gobsmacking…its probably because you still had a good block before, your system is amazing…enjoy your music

1 Like

Quick one, was your G4 one of the early ones as they have advanced it again I hear, like an ever moving target. I was tempted to demo vs my G3 but will probably wait until they settle on a ‘final design’ and compare to the Chord. The G3 was quite something when I added it a few years back.

2 Likes

Well the G4 was bought a year ago Steve. So what ever spec then. M6 defo better IMO especially when Streaming.

1 Like

I have gone from a G3 to an M6 and found a bigger difference than Rob describes. Unsurprising assuming the G4 is better than the G3. A friend (the one mentioned above who tried epic v signature from the wall to his M6) who went from wireworld block to M6 has been describing it as similar to a black box upgrade

2 Likes