Preamp noise

Hi sorry you misunderstood part of my message I posted on I phone and old mans dodgy eyesight I thought I’d pressed send before I had finished, I am grateful for your input I am still trying to source alternative manufacturers to get asaka rebuilt, thanks again Neil.

Hi unfortunately I have very recently (5 months ago) had a serious medical condition and operation hopefully I’m in the clear now, however while I was in surgery my wife who had mild dementia was put into care for safety and during her stay had a drug overdose which resulted in a rapid and major decline, in mid 2020 we were buying her a new Range Rover today she cannot stand up, that is when I decided to rebuild the hi fi I had 30 years ago, especially now I am literally house bound 24/7 not been out the door in over 4 months, thank goodness for Amazon and eBay, hence another reason I ask you guys for help, regards. Neil.

If you want a low risk, go to recommendation from me, beyond rebuilding your Linn Asaka - and to go with K boards, I would have to say Dynavector 20X2L - being the close relation to my 10X’s. Latest price I have (April 21) is £749-00.

The Asaka route is cheaper…

Hello and thank you, the asaka route is perhaps cheaper but it is a 30 year old cartridge how does it stack up against modern moving coils, I have to ask as I have no idea, all I remember it was decent in its day, thanks again Neil.

You are asking near impossible questions. Only you can decide - with or without a dem - which cart you are going to go for.

Are you sure you are up for actually fitting an expensive MC cart, yourself…? I wouldn’t…

I will be sticking with my DV10X - I will just have it replaced with a newer one, at some point - by Cymbiosis… No risk by me…!!

Hang on… I have recommended the DV20X to you already…!! And I see you have an Ittok. Changing a cart in an Ittok without damaging its bearings it not a small task. The arm needs to come out, completely.

Pls - rethink this whole thing… Talk to Moorgate - and stop posting here, hoping to get an answer which suits you. Sorry…

No I aren’t going to fit myself I was hoping moorgate will do it when they service the linn and fit all the upgrades I have been buying, actually it’s essentially a new build including gen new linn plinth only old part will be the ittock and poss the cartridge, still want a few bits such as new outer platter, motor and trampolin so that’s why I would like cartridge advice, as once I’ve accumulated all the bits it’s all off to be put together and naim kit and lingo to be serviced, just contacted esco let’s see what they can do.

Yes your right, I’ll leave it to Moorgate, thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.