Price increases

I paid just over $1400 for Gen 1 Muso almost 9 years ago. They got almost $3,500 before coming back down to around $2k.

1 Like

Yes. More second hand purchases. :grinning:

1 Like

Well even before this, I think it may have been early last year I was sitting down with my dealer here in Sapporo chatting. They had done Linn for over 40 years and Rega nearly as long. These were really their staple brands for turntables. They had recently ditched both brands. He was saying how specifically European brands are not controlling their costs and you just can’t charge what Linn and Rega are asking for the level of quality. US (and obviously domestic) manufacturers had managed to control prices far better. So when European brands’ prices just go through the roof they just aren’t at the same performance level (not even close) as other options in the same price range.

The exception seemed to be speakers. Maybe because companies like B&W and KEF and Focal are so large they and manufacture in multiple places they control prices better - though Focal prices shot up way more than all the others here.

3 Likes

That’s nothing (channelling the “4 yorkshiremen”), it was -38C here in Calgary… :slight_smile: and the car started, thank goodness for the block heater… That said I miss the old UK days where I could go into Halfords and buy a battery for GBP 40 and get it swapped for free within 3 years… which when a student, you made sure you did.

1 Like

The best being ‘Winnie the Pooh’ !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.