Price Rise Sept 22

I calculated the price increase here in Canada over last year. It is 14.69%.

I am really happy I bought all of my last Naim pieces before the price increase.

2 Likes

Brexit, COVID, that Russian f**kwit.

Welcome to 2022 !

19 Likes

I think they became “special order” some time ago

Yes, they became special order….

The great shame is this is a faceless organisation,it should not be Richard fielding the inevitable questions.:disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

@Richard.Dane
Richard - is this increase just for the UK or across the board in all markets? I want to purchase an Atom in Italy however did not plan on it until October.

Best
Gregg

For those that want a copy, search for “naim price list 2022 September” and select the one on Signals website

1 Like

Gregg, I don’t - a question best answered by Naim, or by your distributor. However, I do know that when Naim changes their recommended UK retail prices then export pricing for distributors often follows suit soon thereafter. Of course, whether a distributor then changes their pricing is down to them. These changes are pretty small, all told, so maybe they won’t bother. As I say, best check with your distributor.

Thanks!

1 Like

In that case, it must be nice to see some price reductions here?

I wonder if the accessories list is changing, and whether a Fraim base will finally breach the £1,000 barrier. £999 is already rather a lot for two bits of veneered MDF, a sheet of glass and a few bits of metal. Thinking of my own Naim items, the SN3 is up by £200 to £3,999 while the NDX2 is up by a rather more substantial £500 to £5,999. Still, £10,000 for such a fantastic setup seems really quite reasonable.

3 Likes

Good to see restraint compared to other manufacturers and industries - most of the increases seem reasonably modest/fair in the current climate.

It seems that the entry level equipment is being lowered in price, while the mid to higher end is creeping up. From a marketing/positioning point of view, maybe this is a purposeful decision to lower the cost of entry to the ecosystem.

Because once you get on the Naim Train…

Not only is that clever from their point of view, but good for current enthusiasts too. We want them to keep developing and producing cracking new stuff (272 replacement?) and with the equipment being pretty bulletproof and heavily resold, a healthy stream of new customers is good news for all.

Part of the reason I saved to get my system upgrade as soon as I could was because I was concerned naims production costs would go up. Glad I bought my sn3 when I did. I’m looking at adding a cd ripper/server and the core going up in price just increases the odds I’ll go for the innuos mini mk3 over it. I am glad to see the atom go back down though so we can have more new people discover the joys of naim sound.

1 Like

Shame about the lowly Tablettes :rofl: The FRAIM does transform one’s system though…

Yes, but they were still listed on the last price list dated 6 December 2021. Besides, all Salisbury built Naim Audio equipment is effectively special order as the factory doesn’t build to stock. What concerns me about their absence from the price list is that they may still be special order but the price must now be on application.

Agreed. I have addressed the question to my preferred retailer so that the question can be asked formally of Naim Audio. I was not expecting Richard to reply on a commercial issue.

Sorry yes that is what I meant - special order as in they will decide the price when you ask them. I wouldn’t use the term special order for anything else ordered from them myself :person_shrugging: sorry I wasn’t clear. I think there was a report of this earlier this year but I can’t remember the date

Doesn’t look like 555ps dr in classic finish has changed price. Phew.

Suspect we need to trade XPSDR before end of year though, annual rise seems inevitable.

Best wait before buying that MuSo by the look of it.

You’re forgetting the Naim fairy dust. I’ve always been happy to pay a premium for that - as are most of us :grinning:

I can’t work out how these UK prices end up being so much more here in New Zealand. The NAP 300 DR is $16,600 using the current exchange rate, but retails here for $21,600. Our GST is 15% compared to your 20% VAT. The only other difference is freight, but it ain’t $5,000! I could fly to the UK, buy one and fly back, and it would be cheaper.

7 Likes