Price Rise Sept 22

When you get there, you will be feeling Zen……

4 Likes

The humming Naim products means they want to participate in meditation.

But I have a hard time fitting the burndys into that context.

Regarding price rises, it would be nice to know if they are just defensive or increased R&D.

I could live with only music, water and bread. But only if the music comes from a high end audio system. :laughing:

5 Likes

Well you surprised me tonight mentioning your wife! How would she feel (about bread and water)?

@frenchrooster

No offence intended but it’s odd how our online personas can be deceptive - for some reason I’d assumed you were a single male passionate about hi-fi!

:woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming:

They have priced themselves out of the market in Australia. 3 prices rises in one year. I’m friends with some retailers that are now dropping Naim from their line up because no one is interested.

5 Likes

I hear this a lot from friends. Everything is silly money in Australia but British brands more so. The shipping and distributor markup just kills them.

I hear that brands from other EU countries and Japan manage to keep things under control better in Australia and are only bloody expensive as opposed to UK brands which are insanely expensive.

2 Likes

I sense that it is now impacting on the second hand market here in New Zealand now too….

2 Likes

Check out Trade Me, ones popped up.

I don’t know how you can predict, from the forum posts, that a member is single or married. Curious what made you think that.
However you are not completely wrong, I live with my girlfriend since quite 24 years, but we are not married. For convenience I call her my wife, because girlfriend seems not appropriate. In french it’s “ ma compagne”.
I am unable to predict who is married, who is not, who is single or not, when reading the forum. Some have shared on that, but for the others, I have no idea. Like you Alley for instance.

1 Like

Cheers… I had just bought it! Sold my old 202 too so busy TM day for me…

1 Like

Nice one, congratulations. Looks like a lovely unit too. Would have matched my Olive SC, but I have a year old 250DR.

Crikey, just had a look, there another one too!

Did you grab the 282 a while back. I’ve resisted the 300DR.

Yeah I was trying to buy that other NAP250 last week - the guy had it for sale on FB but I didn’t really get a response, I would have preferred it too as it’s in Auckland…

wow if that Classic 250 stays at $1000 is a giveaway…I’ll never sell my 155 at this rate lol…

There is also a chrome bumper complete set with a 250 too… 72/hcap/250… Tempting - it looks lovely.

I looked at that 282 but ultimately decided I wanted to focus on an Olive set up so ended up with an 82… Lots of cheap deals on Naim at the moment and that 300 is pretty well priced now too… its only money!

1 Like

Nothing more than I can’t ever recall you mentioning your partner before a post yesterday.

I just find it interesting that we probably develop some kind of mental image of regular posters life/habits from their posts, and those impressions are based on such limited knowledge it’s no wonder we get things wrong!

2 Likes

Remember what happens at the end of the Wizard of Oz! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Much like that strange moment you see a photo of the radio DJ you’ve listened to for years for the first time. In my experience the face never matches the voice.

1 Like

I agree, the situation in Australia is not good. Notwithstanding my earlier post regarding the real cost of Naim over time, I also see that relative to other good audio Naim is losing out. I don’t see a long term future for Naim in Australia.

3 Likes

The situation in Australia does not sound good.

The world is not in a good place currently for consumers or manufacturers/vendors.

Having purchased most of my Naim kit between early to late 1990s, I’d really just enjoyed it and had little interest in upgrades for quite some time.

Preferring analogue to digital for decades it took me quite some time to settle on a digital streaming source. My hifi passion was perhaps rekindled when the Uniti series was released - my main active system was in storage and an all in one seemed ideal as a temporary measure and could be repurposed later.

The Nova might well have been more than enough had I not had an active system before.

As soon as I started getting things out of storage a desire to upgrade took hold, but I think this has been a bit haphazard without a clear direction. What did take me by surprise was how much separates seemed to have increased in cost after not buying new Naim kit for quite some time, an ex-dem 282 took over from my 72. I think my plan was to reach 252 level using my existing olive amps for active duties.

I’m really not certain now, at least without a home demo to win me over, that I’ll ever get to 252 level - the cost of living uncertainty coupled with other realisations as I get older has made me reconsider, at least for now.

1 Like

And yet lead times - and presumably therefore
demand - for many items are considerable and the company seems to be thriving…

Yes, I wonder if that is very much UK driven though? Would be interesting to see sale breakdowns by type and country.

1 Like