Prince Live

I am interested in all things Prince and specially live, tribute and interview albums.

New Prince’s music is continually released, from his vault or from other files, and I thought I would ask for help to discover rare albums that I can collect.

As an example let me start with this Prince Live in Madrid 1990, a concert I was very lucky to attend on 22nd July 1990.

6 Likes

Well, probably this was the most popular thread this week, so please allow me to keep the fire going.

Musicology is one of my favorite studio albums, released on April 20th, 2004.

On the same day Prince and the NPG gang played at Webster Hall in Manhattan, and a very fine party it was.

In this recording I can hear to James Brown, Chuck Berry… and the ladies, oh the ladies having fun. This is a very different Prince in my opinion, very intimate, very private.

Prince, Musicology Release Party, my version @ 2019 Sutra. Other parties that you can recall?

1 Like

My two pence.
This was recorded at a birthday party. AFAIK it is a bootleg. Not sure if it has ever been officially released. It was left inside the CD player of a car I bought back in the 90’s.
I ripped to my NAS and forgot completely about it.

2 Likes

Exactly what I wanted when I started this thread, many thanks @Tony.

1 Like

@Fetchezlavache @Airdavid @Singlespeed @marcusman @vgonx
Where are you?

1 Like

Listening to music lol

1 Like

Listen to the three concerts from Montreux in 2013 (i believe). You’ll find them on YouTube.

1 Like

I do miss Prince… Saw him 3, maybe 4 times over the years.

1 Like

Still here :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi Rafael, I also like this recoding, Prince at his playful best! I have been slowly collecting live CD’s over the past few years, the deluxe editions re-releases also contain some good recordings. Sign o’the times super deluxe has a live at Utrecht which is superb! Will post up some other favourites

1 Like

Glam Slam is the third track of Lovesexy (1988) and one of the singles from the album. But it is also the name that Prince used for some clubs he owned in Minneapolis, Miami, Yokohama and other places around the world.

In 1994 he was at his home the Glam Slam Miami and recorded the 3 Nites in Miami on 7-9 June, a superconcert that reflects the extremes of the year, the mega hit The Most Beautiful Girl in the World, his contractual litigations (that made him change his name), complexities, frustrations and much more.

Prince provides superb live music, and as usual he is able to finish a concert, get back to the stage, and incredibly play another full concert for a different audience, his gang, his friends and his VIPs. A private party after a concert, again and again.

I was always amazed at the energy and talent that Prince showed to fulfill so many hours of first class performance. From his three nights (nites) in Miami in 1994 there are at least two additional albums, one is this Back at the Club, more from Miami Glam Slam 1994 (my CD released in 2018).

This was recorded in the early hours of 10th June 1994, after his last Nite in Miami. By the way 7th June was his birthday and in track one Days of Wild he sings “Happy Birthday to Me”. He was 36, but he might have been playing with the idea of a new life under a new name.

There are some 10, 11 and 12 minutes tracks. It sounds like the people that was present did really enjoy.

2 Likes

Just arrived, many thanks for the tip @Tony. From the UK.

I will report soon.

3 Likes

Interested in your report on this item Rafael, quality of recording out of 10??

cheers!

1 Like

Enjoy it, Rafael!:sunglasses:

1 Like

Arrived this week after a bit of confusion in eBay where I managed to purchase a Blu-ray version that I don’t need.

2013 it is and many thanks for the tip @Chalshus, I will report soon.

2 Likes