Pro Ac D2R - what’s next?

This is an interesting finding. Thanks.

2 Likes

I am thinking of getting a pair of D2Rs, so just wondered which Custom Design stand you use?

My other choice is Spendor Classic 3/1, which I did find to be more balanced than the ProAc.
Both were demonstrated on solid pillar stands, whereas I believe the Spendor benefits from an open design.

I have the 3/1’s, great overall speaker and really easy to live with, I’m surprised they’re not more popular on here, you can use them on Custom Design FS104 signature stands. I actually use boggo flat plate stands successfully but if I keep the speakers long term I may invest in the correct spendor open frame ones although they are crazy expensive.

1 Like

FS 106, filled about halfway with the supplied damping material. Top plate dimensions are near identical to the D2R’s.

8 Likes

Looks great! You’ve really got me thinking about adding Isoacoustic Gaias for my stands

1 Like

Thanks very much and as Marcus man notes, the Gais do not look out of place by any means.

1 Like

I did prefer the Spendors and in fact have them on trial, they seem to do everything well, but they are large boxes and I have to be aware of aesthetics in our lounge. The ProAcs are a tad smaller.

When I enquired about some made-to- order open frame stands with Custom Design, they told me that they are expecting to add some more stands for Spendor. Hopefully cheaper than the Spendor stands, which seem excessive.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.