Proac 10 stands?

after having a few demos, I’ve decided to go with the Proac 10 tablets, the dealer has recommended atacama stands, just seeing if there’s any other alternatives thank you

They are not fussy but I’ve found them to work well on solid heavier stands. I used (and still use) the Falcon stands (but have different speakers now).
As the Tabs are quite light, I think it’s good to have something to keep them “stick” a bit - I use small pieces of leather (just based on experimentation to avoid blu tack).

1 Like

I use Custom Design FS104 stands, which I had already. They have one large diameter central column and four narrower corner ones. I’ve filled all five with Atacama Atabites to about the 2/3 mark. I’m happy with them, and don’t plan on replacing them.

The general rule with ProAc standmounts is that heavier is better. The Atacama HMS 2X seems to be the standard recommendation, and would probably be my first choice if I was starting from scratch.

It’s well worth forking out for Atabites as well, but don’t fill the stands all the way up, or you risk deadening the sound. The sweet spot is typically somewhere between 1/3 and 3/4 full.

2 Likes

When I had a pair of ProAcs stand mount speakers I used ProAc’s recommended stands which were Target Rs. My speakers were Studio 100s so the Target R1 or R2 were appropriate. I think for the smaller ProAcs such as the Tablettes you needed the R4 or R5. They were concrete filled and when I sold them the poor fellow who bought them almost had a hernia trying to load them into his car.

Of course, I’m not sure whether you can still get those new these days, but probably worth looking for a secondhand pair - noting the above, they would likely need to be collected in person!

Otherwise @HungryHalibut had a very nice pair of stands on his Tablette 10s that I’m sure he can tell you all about…

1 Like

I use the Falcon LS3/5a stands as well. They are not cheap but come pre-filled and are very well made. Originally I used them with my Tab 10’s but now I use them with PMC 25.21s

2 Likes

I always liked the look of the stands Proac use to advertise the Tab 10s

Never did find out who makes them

3 Likes

They look like the old Target stands.

3 Likes

One of the big challenges of Tablette 10s is getting the stands. The Atacama HMS1 TS was the go-to for a while but was discontinued. The Targets are now made in Canada I believe and prohibitively priced. I tried a Custom Design stand but its built quality was poor and the speakers wouldn’t sit flat. I bought some SolidSteel SS6 but they were far too bulky and looked rubbish. I then bought - recommended by our Richard - the very last pair of stands that Sonething Solid ever built. They were brilliant stands, and I sold them to the person who bought my Tabs. I toyed with the current Atacama Nexxus, which can be bought with a transverse top plate, but they don’t look great and the floor plate is absolutely massive.

One really good thing about my PMCs is that you can get a bespoke stand that works really well and also looks ok, which is really saying something for a stand.

1 Like

Still have my R2’s from my studio 100 days, they are going nowhere, firstly as they are cracking stands, secondly for the reasons the guy had when collecting yours.

1 Like

I’ve noticed! Not only because your listening room is one of the most inviting and best looking on system pics but also because we share possibly the best small monitor speaker stands! : ))

1 Like

I use Solid Steel SS-6 with my Tab 10 Sigs. I liked the tripod design and thought they were better looking than anything else.

2 Likes

Another vote for the Atacama stands with Atacama Atabites. Granted I have the D2R’s not the Proac 10’s but the Atacama stands have worked very very well for me.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.