Proac 10s coming, but need help

How do you connect Nac5 , haven’t a clue about bi wiring , thank you

You only need to connect NACA5 to one of the twin sets of sockets on the speakers. There are some metal links that join the two sockets together so that they will both receive a signal. Some people like to replace these with short lengths of speaker cable (sometimes known as jumpers.)
A forum search should shed some light on how this can be done. Personally I would use Naim banana plugs, but you need to have them soldered properly by someone who knows what they’re doing.

3 Likes

Thank you

When I had my Tablette 10s I used Kudos KS1, wired like this.

3 Likes

That’s looks complicated

You do not have to bi-wire ProAc loudspeakers. They come with links.

3 Likes

I have 10s and I do not biwire them.

3 Likes

Nobody is suggesting biwiring.

2 Likes

Its a pity all Proac loudspeakers use biwire plugs.
A completely un-neccesary degrading link.

3 Likes

You might find the provided links suit your set up best. Try first.

2 Likes

I understand that it’s because several important markets (especially Japan) believe in bi-wiring a lot more than the UK market does.

Mine neither. Better without…with my ears :wink: and still using Naca5 to avoid to much HF i had with Chord cables.

1 Like

Your probably right.

I’m in EU and often meet/chat with people which believe in biwire and other strange things.

I use jumpers on the ProAc K6Sig downstairs. I use the AVOptions F-connection on the Proac Tab 10 Signature upstairs. The ProAc factory “rods” are vastly inferior to either.

3 Likes

It’s 2 short pieces of wire and 2 more banana plugs

1 Like

My Tab10’s sound best with the Naca5 plugged into the top (tweeter) input. I’ve not replaced the bar.

On my K6 Signatures I use Super Lumina jumpers, those made a HUGE difference.

Both speakers use the identical rear box with the bi-wire input leads.

2 Likes

Thanks for that. Having just arrived in Italy I will give it a try on my Tab 10 Signatures/Naim Atom I have over here.

Chris - don’t be a stranger on Saturdays - the party is still going on :wink:

Best
Gregg

2 Likes

Stewart Tyler was an exceptionally talented loudspeaker designer. I am not sure if he believed in bi-wiring or not but he must have thought that for the survival of his company it would be unwise to go against the tide.

2 Likes

I use the F-Connection as well for my D2R’s now. I’ll echo the advice above, you really don’t have to bi-wire. @ChrisBell, what Gregg says :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have Proac 1sc. I like the option to bi-amp which does make a difference in my system. Not sure if bi-wiring has much benefit.