Proac Tablette 10 Sigs

@MMky anytime you want to swap your 500 system for my SN3 (until your kids grow up) let me know and I’ll drive right over! :smile:

3 Likes

If it rocks your boat GraemeH,… and sounds fantabulous for the time being, or forever… why not?

MMky is spot on too. We don’t know each other’s circumstances, and preferences being so subjective and personal, I do appreciate it when friends here on the Forum genuinely try to help with good suggestions and alternative ideas constructively.

For sure.

In Naim-land… the more components as part of second, third, fourth systems… the merrier. Life is short. Enjoy!

Cheers

2 Likes

Get the last bit - I’ve just gotten myself a NAC 202 as an upgrade to a 122X - so I’d been thinking what should I do with this spare pre - For all of 2 mins I thought I know, I’ll put it in the office system between DAC-V1 and NAP 100, until I remembered the 122X needs some power and it wont get it from the NAP 100!

But then I thought at some time I may add a HiCap to the 202 downstairs, so then the Flatcap can be moved upstairs into the desktop office system - which then means I’d need a new rack to put it on…

Which then means I need and on and on and on…

But its still fun nonetheless…

Final outcome - I’m still going to keep it!

1 Like

SEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXY… :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I find white speakers so fresh in visual feel … :sunglasses:

Does the white finish, touch wood, discolour or yellow after some time, the way most white Ikea furniture do? :upside_down_face: Yours look pristine on those lovely silver/white stands - how long have you had them, GraemeH?

2 Likes

Thanks very much.

2017-20 Tab 10 and 2020-Present Tab 10 Sig. No discolouration at all.

G

2 Likes

I was interested in the concept of over amping ( cost wise ) small high quality speakers.
I use Proac 1SCs, one of the Tab 10’s older cousins, or is an uncle? I have had them 22 years so have done a lot of reading on small Proacs. In my relatively modest set up they sound great, but there are a lot of folk who feed them with very serious front ends and amps. Clearly not a mismatch in their view.

1 Like

Fairly new walnut pair on the Pink at the moment if anyone is interested- nothing to do with me, I love my Spendor 4/5s.

1 Like

Your Sigs are gonna love that 300DR up ‘em, when it eventually arrives.

3 Likes

Me, speaking to my Proacs about the 300.

G

4 Likes

Sounds like a great system to me!

Once one finds the right speakers to suit one’s preference and room, the sky is the limit with source and amplification (or whichever it was that was first!) :sunglasses:

1 Like

small Spendors are so special, I still miss mine!

@HH
A few weeks ago I read that you bought the Witch Hat Phantom. Are you actually satisfied with it or do you have the old cables back on?

I use mine with a 12" square SVS sub in my office. Blends very nicely and sounds spectacular.

I’m a hard-core longtime LS3/5a fan but I find the Tablette 10 Sigs work so much better with a sub.

My main system has a pricey (two grand) Dynaudio sub and when I’ve put my Proac’s in that system it’s absolutely stunning.

1 Like

They are very nice and I’m quite happy with them. The TQs are sold.

To me when I demoed both , the 10S just felt more rounded nothing seemed to be missing and it timed substantially better with one of my demo songs, the others all seemed to miss a specific drum roll, the tabs mailed it. Likely the advanced crossover doing its business.

1 Like

I just ordered them too. Very curious.

1 Like

:+1:

Well well well, I’ve now had my Tab 10 Sigs around (I think) 3 fabulous months and they amaze me most days I get the chance to sit down and listen to music. I put them on some Solidsteel SS6 stands a couple of weeks ago and that lifted their performance from the makeshift items I was using.

As the stands make positioning adjustment easy I have been fettling and have also re-tried toe in (versus no toe in which is how they’ve been most of the time) and I must say in my room and my ears that has made quite a generous uplift in listening pleasure.
These are great little speakers.

11 Likes

They are -3dB at 55Hz

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.