Problem with Asset

I think this problem started when I updated to Asset Synology 7.5 trial 4.spk on 11th Oct 22. It wont let me roll back to an earlier version. What if I delete asset off the NAS and reload an earlier version, would that be possible?

Clearly something you did previously created the problem. At this point I’d consider deleting/uninstalling asset completely and starting over. Not sure the best way to do that though as you want to make sure you get all the artifacts out so it doesn’t put you right back where you are after you reinstall.

I don’t know much about Asset but I think I read before that the developer is very responsive if approached through the Asset forum.

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/ go to Forum Asset UPnP

1 Like

It appears the latest versions of Asset have added more options around artist handling and sorting etc. It is possible some rogue or incorrect metadata is confusing the indexer?

Since the problem persists it would be worth looking in detail at the metadata tags on files on one problem album.

Do you have a tool which can dump tags?

It may well be worth taking this issue to the dBPoweramp forum where Spoon (the person behind Asset) can help.

1 Like

Thats what I’d do…

Can you show the Artist/Album for Frank Zappa on your app preferably in List Mode as it will be much easier to “read” and isolate what is going on.
Also if there is more than one album shown (i.e. duplicates) a shot of what tracks appear under each album.

As I stated some metadata can cause “albums” to be split i.e. different or missing AlbumArtist, different Disc number, different album name. You can examine these albums and correct metadata via dBpoweramp. The change will be made instantly in Asset just refresh lists in your Naim app. Note even if albums are split all tracks should only appear once but Asset thinks they are spread across different albums. The tracks should not be duplicated.

Upload
DSC01354
ing: DSC01354.JPG…

Is this what you wanted Paul. As you can see, all albums duplicated and the same track listing for each.

You have two separate albums there.
One by “Frank Zappa” and another by “Frank Zappa;Frank Zappa”

1 Like

yeah, I’d do a search in your media folder for that duplicate Zappa album and see if you can locate it.

@philifa Yes and I think I can now see your problem.

I think because you have Frank Zappa repeated (in the Artist or AlbumArtist tags) it is creating an index for each.
AssetUPnP is doing what you are asking it to do.

The AlbumArtist tag should only be “what it says on the tin” i.e. ONLY the artist releasing the album.
The Artist tag should have the artist and any extra “contributors” (using"; " as a divider) but they should not be the same otherwise creating your duplicates.

Change “Frank Zappa; Frank Zappa” to “Frank Zappa” and your problem should be solved.
Check and correct the metadata for every album that has duplicates.

AssetUPnP will correct the indexing automatically without re-scanning. Just refresh on the Naim App.

@philifa Did you sort out your problem?

Yes I did. I have been keeping a low profile as it was my silly mistake that was causing the problem!!!
My music is my “M” file on the NAS. There are a lot of albums so it’s quite a long list to look through. Anyway, I did a very slow scroll through the the album list and found another “M” file in the middle of it all. Somehow I had managed to create a copy of my music file which was hidden within my music file, if you see what I mean. Deleted it, rescanned and everything is as it should be/was.
Thanks to all for your inputs, it’s much appreciated.

5 Likes

Glad you figured it out. It all makes sense now.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.