Project VC-E or VC-S2?

Out of curiosity what sort of dilution rates do you use for your distilled water+IPA+ilford? There seem to be different schools of thought on this topic.

I used to do two different ones - both very simple and no lysol or other stuff that seem to get added; 5 parts distilled water to 1 part isopropyl alcohol, and a few drops of Iford Photo flo, or 10 parts distilled water to 1 part isopropyl alcohol, and a few drops of Photo flo. I started out with the first, but gradually moved to the second as it didnā€™t seem to make any odds as far as cleaning was concerned but I felt the less Isopropyl alcohol the better.

Iā€™m using the 4:1 ratio but will go to 8:1 or 10:1 as well in that case. Iā€™ll get the Clean It fluid as well and perhaps alternate between tha and the home made until the IPA has been used up.

In terms of RCM I am considering the VCS2 or the Okki One. The Okki is around Ā£80 more. However, it comes with a dustcover and the label size platter alternative which I think compensates for the slight price difference.

Does the VC-S2 not come with a dust cover? My VC-S Mk1 1/2 came with one (a Ā£30 extra cost option).

Not as far as I am aware. From what I can gather if I want one I have to pay Ā£25-Ā£30 for one.

OK, thatā€™s the same then. Itā€™s well worth having.

My VCS2 didnā€™t come with a cover. Like Richard I use the project clean it fluid. Dilution is 10-20 :1 with distilled water so it lasts for ages. And it cleans records very well.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.