Qobus favourites disappeared

I think you’re correct, either not very intuitive, but more likely I’ve never looked in that section!

Good thought, or maybe the Naim app does.

Previously My Purchases only showed 50 album covers after which there were ‘placeholder’ graphics - I reported this as I have more than 50 purchases and it was fixed quickly - could potentially be a similar issue of not handling above a certain number of Favourites correctly.

I use Favourites to save things I might buy in hi-res or won’t buy if only available in CD quality as I’ll then buy the CD or stream at that quality.

I have had 560 favourites on the main screen of the Naim app. They are still present in the Qubuz section but most of them are no longer marked as favourites although they still are in the Qubuz app.

Maybe I should not be bothered then. I can work with the Qobuz section. I do hate the fact that their is no way to organize your music.

In all honesty I think organising music from streaming services is probably not simple or a reasonable expectation for the Naim app. The app will simply access the Qobuz/Tidal/Spotify API and show in genersl your selections for those services indivudually.

Have you looked at Roon?

I have not looked at Roon. I just bought my Nova and I am very happy with it. What does Roon offer for extras?

Actually Roon probably won’t help you organise music as you want but I’m not certain, it’s hard to describe it easily, it generaly needs to run on a computer/compatible device, and then has phone/tablet apps to control playback to Nova and can output to different music to different zones not just the Nova. I probably only scratch the surface of what it can do.

They do a free trial.

Features:

And if that doesn’t work a hard re-set.

Well…I have 481 and they are there. On my Atom.

My Roon question is with zero downloaded music, all streaming from Qobuz and some Apple Music is Roon worth anything?

Roon doesn’t work with Apple only Qobuz and Tidal. It makes no difference to Roon whether it’s taking a stream from Qobuz or Local files.

1 Like
1 Like

My thought is if I add stored music in various places it would be worthwhile. But as you say, now all I do if find an album and play it. If I want anything imaginative I tell Siri to do it and voila. So at the present…my head is overloaded with all this stuff as is. I’m still trying to understand what a hicap is…lol…

Even if I had no local music and only streaming, Roon would still be worthwhile for me. Not sure if you followed the link at the end of my post that I linked above, to the older post. Only one item of my “like” list in the older post is related to local music, the others are valid with only-streaming as well (or even more, as with local music you can achieve much by file tagging, though laboriously, while you don’t have this option with online sources)

E.g., rating music more finely grained than just “favorite yes/no”, e.g. for remembering albums that I find historically significant but that are not personal favorites of mine; adding metadata (like for credits) where it is missing, and editing existing metadata where it has omissions/errors; having a distinction between original release dates and reissue release dates, so that sorting by date actually uses the original dates and not random reissue dates that sort 60ies albums into the 2000s; leisure browsing by e.g. clicking on performers on an album and seeing what else they did; focused searching with a powerful interface that lets me only display “albums from 1980 to 85 where XY performed” or “albums released by SST Records where Spot did not engineer”; tagging my music with made-up criteria like “only performers I saw live”, “covers I like/hate”; the simple convenience of having many things in one place right next to the music (credits, review, lyrics, …) that I otherwise would have to look up on Google/Allmusic/Wikipedia/etc

Roon is not perfect but it is very good, has nice easily accessible features on the surface (just click around) and becomes increasingly powerful if you decide to dig into it. Regardless, it is up to the individual and their habits whether it is “needed”

1 Like

That’s a great answer. And so much that is annoying such as the release dates. All these little annoyances do have clumsy workarounds though. So for now, as I’m, as I said, overloaded as is…lol…I will once I’m more acclimated to everything, or bored…retry it. I did when I got the Atom but I was busy familiarizing myself with it and the Naim game.

1 Like

Thank you very much for all the responses. I appreciate that. For now I have decided to use the Qobuz section on the Naim app together with the Qobuz app to select music. But I will explore the Roon options as soon as I have figured out how this will work with my Nova.

One other thing that came to mind is that Roon knows (not flawlessly, but generally ok) all versions of a track, including cover versions. I like that a lot.

But yeah, don’t overcomplicate it and start with the Naim/Qobuz apps and see if there is anything missing for you.

If you want to explore Roon, the general https://roonlabs.com/ is a good place to start, and this one to start digging a little deeper: https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/start-with-a-roon-core

Just one question m: do I need anymore hardware to use Roon with my Unity Nova. Or is it just a matter of app download and subscribe?

You need:

A Roon subscription. (Monthly or a lifetime license)

A Roon-ready endpoint to output music. This is your Nova.

The Roon app to control Roon. This is an app that you can install on Android, iOS, Windows, Mac.

The Roon Core. This is a media server software that runs on a computer (Windows, Mac, Linux), NAS (e.g., the app can be installed from the Qnap store or other NAS manufacturers), or turnkey appliance (like the plug-and-play Roon Nucleus or Roon ROCK installed on a third-party machine, typically an Intel NUC), located on the network within your home.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.