Qobuz albums sometimes start with random play and/or repeat on in Naim app

Random drives me nuts. Get rid of the stupid button! The artist has decided the best way they want me to listen to their work. Bit like me going to a gallery then rearranging it. No.

2 Likes

I experienced erroneous random play on albums from USB. I concluded that it was my fat fingers accidentally selecting when changing volume on iPhone. I am more careful now and no more problem. I think.
Support said they would look into relocating the icon or something else. I saw some other people suggesting improvements.

Relocating the icon would imply that it is a mistake we made by accidentally touching the icon. But in my opinion that is not the reason.
It is really a software bug.
So I think they should, at least temporarily, eliminate the button completely.

1 Like

Concerning playing an album I will agree but there are benefits in random play with playlists which seem to be gaining popularity. I guess it needs some sort of application option.

I do not use random play and agree it would be nice to have a software setup option of ‘display’ the random play icon or ‘not display’ the random play icon. It would certainly save on a lot of end users with clumsy fingers on small, or even big, screens.

Qobuz sometimes stutters when I switch away the Naim app on my tablet. I thought the app just told the streamer about where to connect? Anyway, this happens a lot on 192kHz streams. It’s another bit of strange behaviour from Qobuz that means I won’t be renewing when it expires in a few weeks. Streaming quality is noticeably lower than from local streaming and I have a family Spotify account I also pay for. Spotify will do for testing albums before purchase.

I’m noticing random play also triggered from nas files too. Just every now and again.

G

Yep. I’ve had it from both internet and local streaming too.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.