Qobuz integration - reality or bollocks?

It would be great to be honest, I strongly think the reason they weren’t included with the Uniti products/new classic streamers is due to their precarious financial position before Xandrie took them over.

Naim/Focal/Qobuz would make a lovely little anglo-french outfit!

2 Likes

Hi
We’ve been listening :slight_smile:
We can confirm we are actively exploring potential for native Qobuz integration in our new streaming products, but until we are further along in the development process we have no official announcement to make. We hope to have more information to share later in the year. In the meantime, Qobuz services can be enjoyed via Chromecast.
Cheers
Charlie

10 Likes

Thanks Charlie. For the avoidance of doubt please would you confirm whether or not you are looking at Qobuz integration for the legacy streamers. I assume from your response that you are not, but assumptions can be dangerous.

The question was asked of Steve Sells and Clare at the amp launch, and they confirmed that the integration would come only on the ‘Future Platform’-based units - ie current ND- and Uniti ranges, and Mu-so 2nd Gen.

Thanks Andrew. I can understand that from a business perspective but it’s a real shame as there are thousands of legacy streamers in use and not everyone wants, or can afford, to change to the new platform. There is always Bubble of course so it’s not the end of the world.

1 Like

Hi Andrew, any mention of being able to do direct downloads to the Core from Qobuz. Melco are able to do this with their software?

Sorry, it’s not a question I asked. I was more interested in the ability to stream natively from the Qobuz Sublime service.

1 Like

I dont think their SDK is all that to. Their metadata sucks, no replay gain tags etc.

Is Google’s roadmap with Chromecast clear? Given they are discontinuing their own audio product, is this a platform with a future?

For streaming their metadata is better than Tidal (Digital booklet, Artist write-up etc). I have seen the occasional error but to me it’s fairly insignificant.

I was taught that Couilles, not Quobuz was french for Bollocks.
I long ago forgot about integrating my bollocks, what with all this climate warming malarkey.

Couillesbuz?
Tobyjug, the best french word for bollocks is “ foutaises”. The only expression with “ couilles” is: “ Tu n’as pas les couilles” or “ il a des couilles”, which means that someone, more a man, is courageous ( to grow a pair).
You can say also “ conneries” for bollocks.

2 Likes

The French still regard Sean Bollock as not just the original Bond, but still the singular one.

3 Likes

Sandra Bollocks in “Speed” is the english version of Sean Conneries

1 Like

You may be confusing her with her performance in Speed 2, which really was conneries.

3 Likes

On the pricing front, as usual I am somewhat racked off with the fact that Qobuz prices are the same in euros in europe as they are in the UK in GBP ! I bet the American market will be a lot cheaper (irrespective of VAT/local taxes) as well. Perhaps the Uk can look at a digital tax law in the same way the French have now passed… If we are forced to pay more than the going rate just because we are british then we should ensure a just tax is paid here.

Zut alors! I’m sure the British government have this well in hand :joy:

1 Like

Yes once we have parity between the £ and the Euro (within the next month I should think) and then a bit later between the £ and the US$, many of these currency problems will disappear.

Best

David

3 Likes

What next Naim will announce native MQA support :shushing_face:

5 Likes

Now I note Qobuz is the same in USD as GBP !!! Dont supposed I can download from the European or USA web sites using my Euro or USD currency cards !