Qobuz integration - reality or bollocks?

I am not sure if this is a big deal, you can in fact stream both Tidal and Qobuz using Roon?

1 Like

I had both with Roon but ended up canceling TIDAL, mostly because it switched to MQA.

1 Like

Indeed I ran both Tidal and Qobuz for a month recently on my Roon… the musical choice these days is pretty similar … Tidal seemingly have slightly more obscure US releases, whilst Qobuz is slightly better for rarer European/U.K. releases.
Classical is better on Qobuz, but has hugely improved on Tidal over the last year.
Roon allows you to easily see and compare the libraries of both platforms and you can see that are largely pretty similar nowadays.
On 44.1/16 on the same distribution master Tidal and Qobuz sound identical, hardly surprising. For me not using an MQA DAC, and upto now not that fond of the format, I found the SQ for Hidef on Qobuz superior. Tidal only offers PCM for 44.1/16… everything else is AAC or MQA. Qobuz offers Hidef PCM streams upto 192/24 if available … with 24 bit PCM streams at various sample rates being common for much new material.
I have now cancelled my Tidal subscription, and restarted my Qobuz.

3 Likes

This is pretty much my exact experience. I started with TIDAL alone, added Roon, added Qobuz, using both simultaneously, and cancelled TIDAL later after using Qobuz for a month or two. Never looked back.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.