Qobuz my weekly Q

I followed up a month later. They said they would be in touch shortly. That’s 6 weeks ago. :roll_eyes:

Very strange

And each device has he same issues apart from the Pro-specific keyboard problem? It crashes AND does not remember the Focus and sort state?
And when the Pro was new, did you try leaving it mint and only installing the Roon app, and the problems happened?

There certainly seem to my memory to have been some problems with Apple routers (Time Machine, Airport Express etc.) which benefit from the DNS being set to a recognised address (e.g. Google: 8.8.8.8.)

Both devices had the same issues. Both the crashing and keyboard scrolling are issues others reported on the Roon community forums, so it’s not something unique to me.

When the iPad Pro was new I went through the normal setup, that automagically migrates my old to new device via iCloud. I don’t set them up manually, nor do I want to just to test the Roon app. It’s too much work, and everything works perfectly otherwise.

Roon needs to fix their issues. I’m a paying customer, not their beta tester. I ran some procedure and gave them the output info they asked for, and after two months I’ve heard nothing, even though they promised twice to follow up. If they can’t fix issues that aren’t unique to me then I can save my money and move on. I’ve told them that.

I do understand your sentiment, it was just professional curiosity. It’s very odd behavior.

However, from my professional perspective, it does happen that I have to tell a customer that their device is the only one in several million customer devices that exhibits a certain issue, so either they run through the tests we need, annoying as they may be, or we have to leave it at that. Of course it’s then their choice and we refund them.

Personally, I would set it up from scratch and test it step by step, but that’s because I cannot imagine being without Roon.

1 Like

I’ve used Google DNS for IPv4 and IPv6 for years, but I doubt that has anything to do with the toolchains Roon chooses to develop the software, I don’t use any Apple-branded routers or other networks devices anyway. I have a Time Machine, but the networking on it is off. It just exposes the backup drive with a static LAN address to backup my wife’s laptop.

Understand. That’s more trouble than it’s worth for me. :slight_smile:

My professional curiosity is waning. I retire next spring and am ready to check out from it all, unless I have a compelling reason to stay up to date on anything. As long as I can manage my Macs, iPads and phones I’m happy with that.

If Roon wants to give me a playbook for trying something that doesn’t require significant effort on my part, I’m open to helping them tackle it. Resetting my iPP and setting it up manually to test step by step is not something I want to spend my time on, since that’s pretty time consuming. I value my free time more than that. :slight_smile:

And it’s not like I can’t use Roon at all. It’s just flakey.

2 Likes

I don’t know cricket rules, but asked an English mate. He explained: You go to a match with a newspaper — a big weekend edition. You read your paper, have a drink or two. You fall asleep for a while. You wake up, and nothing happened when you had your nap. That’s cricket, he claimed.

I never asked again, and still have no clue what cricket actually is… :relaxed:

1 Like

And all this time I thought it was called “golf.” :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.