Qobuz Only Playing One Song at a Time via Naim App

Another check you can try, can you stream whatever you like on your phone using the qobuz app. It might not prove anything, but set the output to the highest quality and then at least you know your internet connection is capable of delivering long songs via wifi. If that doesn’t work ie phone also impacted then its not your naim its your internet. Unlikely but you never know.

This ‘one track’ phenomenon hit me a year or so ago and it happened twice.

Switch off the streamer and delete the naim app from your controlling device.

Power the streamer back up then reload the app. Clear the image cache.

Worth a try. It worked for me back then.

G

Ok, so it is back! Listening to Coldplay Viva La Vida (don’t judge me) on Qobuz. Stopped after every track that was longer than the magic 4 minutes. However, when sourced from the SSD plugged into the back of the streamer then it plays faultlessly. It is just like the streamer forgets to move to the next track when playing Qobuz, but manages fine when using USB. Handshaking between the streamer and app?

Is controlling through Qobuz app an option?

That uses Bluetooth IIRC and tried that before but it was gappy.

Not so the second half of Abbey Road… (nearly said second side, giving away my memory of it as such!) Nor Sgt Pepper for that matter.

My ND555 did the same thing. Support had a look but network looked good. Problem was overtaken by other issues with the unit which is currently back at HQ. Issue never arose when using Roon but i do prefer Qobuz streaming natviely for SQ. Very frustrating.

Hi Njb,
What setting on your Ipad are you referring to?
I also use an Ipad air with sw vers. 12.4.8.
Streaming Qobuz through the Naim app / ND5XS2 with exact the same problems mentioned above on this item.
Yes 3min short Beatels songs are ok but +4 min tracks fail after generally 3 tracks at least.
Streaming from nas is quite ok though track order and graphics is not. This is not much a concern at the moment as 90% of the time I use Qobuz.
So, keen to know your approach on the Ipad setting.

Thanks in advance.

Gerben.

Hi Gerben,

I have to say that last weekend sank all my optimism. It was as bad as ever, with that magic 4 minutes controlling which tracks would continue and when it stopped. I have to unlock the iPad, get into the App and there is that double tap. One tap to ‘wake’ it up and it seems to reset to the first track in the album, and then the second tap to select the next track that I should be listening too. Tricky to remember where I am up to at times. Needless to say, back to being very frustrated, and anything that I did on the iPad has not changed a thing.

Same here, one song and stuck with Naim app and zero problems with Roon

Hi @Njb

Could you email me on steve.harris(at)naimaudio.com
I have some code that I would like you to try.

Best

Steve Harris
Software DIrector
Naim Audio Ltd.

Hi Stevesky,

As my problems with the app are a lot like Njb’s,
I would like to sign up/guinea pig on this ‘code mather’.
Can I mail you on this?

Best Regards

Gerben

Hi @Gerben

Sure. Email me on the address provided above.

Best

Steve

So far, 5 of the most unreliable albums have played start to finish. I am beginning to think that Steve has cracked it, and on a Saturday. Loving the service from Naim on this.

2 Likes

I have experienced Qobuz stoppages when it gets to the third track of certain albums. Not terribly annoying but odd that its always the third track.

Hi,

Qobuz (on NDX2) is stopping at random using the Naim App. No problems when using Roon.
I have updated the “Other setting - Stay connected” in the app, however when the screen from my iPad/iPhone turns off it seems that the app is no longer able to respond to track changes.

Any thoughts, as I didn’t had that problem on Tidal.

Regards,
Jan Willem

Hi Steve and @Njb

I had the exact same issue with my ND5 XS (earlier model), and it was the router. Replacing that fixed it, prior to buying a decent router tidal would usually although not always drop out after about 4 minutes.

For a while I thought it was consistently a time around 4 minutes, but when I tested further it wasn’t actually consistent. Either way though using a new router fixed it. (Orbi in my case, at the Naim dealer’s recommendation.)

Cheers Ian

Hi, I changed the router early in the process. Admittedly, I had to go with the newer model that my ISP supplied and so I did not have the luxury of choosing a premium model.
The good news for me is that SteveSky’s little fix continues to work and I am enjoying albums that run end to end without my involvement.

1 Like

Hi Jan Willem,
I just updated via a mail link by Steve Harris and it works. Streaming complete albums without interruption .

Best
Gerben. (Ned)

1 Like

Big thanks to @Stevesky for solving this one. His effort went above and beyond. All working perfectly now.

2 Likes