Qobuz price reduction

Much the same here I have about a 1000 CDs ripped to my Core plus I mainly use Qobuz.

I find downloading a pain so I don’t bother I might buy the occasioal CD from Ebay or Music Magpie.

Got a free trial of Qobuz Prem and can’t say I can hear any difference when compared with Tidal. Sometimes I think there is a difference, but then when I listen again I’m not sure. There is only one album I can’t find on Qobuz that I will miss, and that is Stuck In Motion by Stuck In Motion but I can buy that.

So decision is taken that I will switch to Qobuz.

1 Like

Who dat?

2 Likes

Glad you asked that question - I was thinking I know everyone who is anyone and never heard of Jeff Mills.

1 Like

Anyone who is into electronic/techno should know

Sundance Kid : How do you know? This might be the garden spot of the whole country. People may travel hundreds of miles just to get to this spot where we’re standing now. This might be the Atlantic City, New Jersey of all Bolivia for all you know.

Butch Cassidy : Look, I know a lot more about Bolivia than you know about Atlantic City, New Jersey, I can tell you that!

Sundance Kid : Aha! You do, huh? I was born there, I was born in New Jersey. Was brought up there, so…

Butch Cassidy : You’re from the east? I didn’t know that.

Sundance Kid : The total tonnage of what you don’t know is enough to shatter…

Etta Place : I’m not sure we’re accomplishing as much as we’d like here.

Sundance Kid : Listen, your job is to back me up, because you’d starve without me. And you, your job is to shut up!

Butch Cassidy : He’ll feel a lot better after he’s robbed a couple of banks.

Sundance Kid : Bolivia. Hahahaha…

1 Like

Yes, there’s a lot of lesser known stuff from the 60s and 70s missing too.

1 Like

Realistically… how much would be willing to pay per track played?

Interesting thread.

Just one question for those with legacy NAIM streamers that don’t have Qobuz built in:

my understanding is that to play Qobuz I would have to use the Qobuz app on my iPad or IPhone and then stream music using Airplay to the NAIM streamer. Is this correct ?

Thx, Paul

If you get the MConnectHD app on your iPad, note only iPad if you want hires, it’s a better solution I’ve found and sounds very good.

1 Like

No, the legacy Naim streamers don’t have Airplay either.

I thought that the original MuSo and Qb have airplay ? I can certainly send audio from i devices to both the MuSo and Qb, I just presumed that it is Airplay, but perhaps it’s something else ? Maybe hires isn’t possible but compressed audio is ?

I’m not sure about the Muso and Qb, I was referring to the first generation streamers like the NDX, Uniti’s etc.

That’s correct, they were the first Naim product to gain Airplay support. It was a design choice not to add it to the 1st gen separates, Unitis snd NAC-Ns.

The same for me here in Italy

1 Like

If you have Roon, Qobuz is integrated. You can connect a Raspberry Pi with HiFiBerry hat to the Toslink input on Muso 1. Roon will find the Pi/Berry on your home network and send the Qobuz stream to it. Doesn’t cost much but some fiddling required.

Yes, I used the paid-for MConnectHD app on an iPad and it was ok for a few months when I had a 272.

I find it sounds pretty good through my olive system and SBL’s and an NDX maybe a bit less dynamic than streaming from my NAS, but a good workaround with no fiddling.

1 Like

No real clue, perhaps @TheKevster could give an idea on what a track should be worth to be fair to the artist?

Gazza I believe Quboz pays pretty well, about the same as Tidal, and certainly better than Apple, Amazon, Grotify, etc. Problem is, most distros don’t have Quboz on their books, so you have to deal with them directly to get your music on their platform. After 18 months, I’ve had no luck. Quboz’s communication is lousy!

If you really want to help artists, Bandcamp is your best bet.

5 Likes