Qobuz price reduction

I hope they both stick around. I really enjoy playing them. I have a top line classics system, but we’re sitting out on the deck with our Mu-so 2 streaming Qobuz. The high-res sounds great, but so does the 16/44.1 CD quality streams. Ditto for the same on on my NDX2/XPSDR.

1 Like

The streaming sources are the bigger problem. Roon has 250,000 or so subscribers, and I would think that they are rather dedicated. As a rough guess that’s ~30 mil revenue p.a., it’s absolutely no problem running a stable software company on that.

I upgraded my legacy Sublime CD quality only (with discounts on hi-res purchases) account the other day to Sublime Studio or whatever it’s called to get hi-res streaming.

A little surprised that a few titles so far are simply unavailable to stream in hi-res, only CD quality, despite being for purchase in hi-res.

I’d assumed rights holders would either allow streaming of CD and hi-res quality, or purchase only options not preventing hi-res streaming only.

Maybe some kind of glitch, we’ll see.

The amount of HiRes material available on Qobuz was extremely small when it was first announced, and has steadily increased ever since. (This seems to be very roughly aligned with the availability of MQA stuff on Tidal which I suspect is no coincidence).
Of course, if the only material available is 16/44.1 they could pad it out with 0s just so that they can claim to have lots of HiRes music but lets hope they don’t.

1 Like

Forgot to mention that the specific items are available to buy in hi-res but not to stream, oddly they had been in my ‘basket’ for some time - coincidence???

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.