Qobuz timeout

Anybody having a problem with Qobuz servers dropping out past few days?

Not sure where you are but Qobuz has been fine in Canada

United Kingdom

I have had it a few times so decided to cancel my free trial at its end , continuing with free tidal now untill end of June .No issues here even with NDX1 into Linn ADSM/3
Qobuz edges it on sound though .

It’s odd as I haven’t had any problems before and there hasn’t been any changes to my network for years.

In the USA it has been flawless.

All seems ok now.

Occasional dropout, especially in the morning. Not sure however whether it’s Qobuz or the internet. My assumption internet

Zero issue here in Greater Manchester.

Yes I have in the UK. It seems to be early evening. It’s def not related to a particular internet provider. I’ve just had it again, mid morning,twice. It seems to be on new releases, but maybe I’m playing more of those.

No problem with Qobuz here in the UK over the last week for when I have used it?
What streamer are you using and ISP. It sounds like it might be a latency type issue which can occur because of congestion with your ISP, internet access, internet access router or the ISP primary peering points.

If there is a Cloud service issue - it tends to appear in down detector services - and/or affects everyone.

As it was explained to me any issue can be compounded by remaining in cache. Clearing my Qobuz cache solved the issue and it hasn’t reoccurred.

It does beg the question as to whether setting a Qobuz cache is a good idea or not.

What is the issue being compounded and which cache are you referring to?

Qobuz acknowledged the drop outs and suggested clearing their cache in settings, which resolved the issue. It lead me to think that having a lower cache setting would perhaps be better. And then what effect does Roon have. The issues are very few and far between so it’s not a big issue, but it’s def not a local network (all wired except for the app devices) or ISP.

I am still wondering which cache you are referring to? I don’t see one in the Naim app unless I am missing something.
CDNs usually need to be flexible on addressing as it is relatively dynamic which is one of the benefits of using CDNs (such as Qobuz, Tidal etc use).

The only cache I can see on the Qobuz app is the stored downloaded tracks that is specific to the Qobuz app, is that what you are referring to?

It’s the Qobuz app cache, I rarely use the Naim app. My understanding is that Qobuz automatically caches streamed music. Obvs it helps with repeat listening etc. But I’m also usually running Roon and that is my main control point, but it could be via the PC Roon Server sits on or any of the Roon app (not ARC) instances I have. What I’m not clear about is how/whether there is any sort of cache involvement when running Qobuz from Roon, via the ND5 XS2.