Qubuz Connect - Feels long to come

To confirm: you are saying that with the MuSo you get CD quality as well and with other devices you are getting higher bit rate when using Chrome Cast?

I do not believe the Sublime subscription has impact - it does not by the site, and I can stream HiRes via mConnect with my Studio subscription, but thanks for sharing.

As it does the same with Tidal Connect, maybe Nain on MuSo decided to cut to 16bit the accepted formats when using non native client apps?

Raffaele

No - I was afraid I might have been ambiguous. I meant I get the same result with the Muso as I got with the ChromeCast Puck. My MuSo is called Soundbar. This is the screenshot of my iPad. (For some reason the uploaded photo is missing the 96, but it’s there.)

Thanks for clarifying. I’m wondering if you are indeed using AirPlay - given the logo bottom left in your image - but will do few tests one back home.

Thanks for all the answers!

Raffaele

I wondered. But see the logo in the top right.

Besides AirPlay cannot do 96/24.

To be doubly sure I connected to my Nova. The display said ChromeCast.

Not to be antagonistic but there appears to be a number of plausible methods. But I must ask why do you care? I have a MuSo But you can’t possibly think the MuSo is a high enough quality device that hi rez is going to be better than red book

If the Mu-so is on WiFi then there is no hires anyway.

I was surprised to find that my QB2 responds quite well to higher res material. 24 bit streams from Qobuz can sound surprisingly good, and in some cases a little better than locally streamed CD rips whan I compared them.

Wait What? I’m not sure i understand that

I stand corrected !

Why not? WiFi is perfectly capable of handling 24/192 streams.
A 1st gen Muso might struggle with its prehistoric 802.11g WiFi module, but other than that it really shouldn’t be a problem.

24/48 max over Wifi on a 1st gen Muso.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.