Quick Poll - Interconnect for NDX2 to amp

NDX 2 > Standard Interconnect > SN 2…

I had tried a Hi-Line (dealer Demo that had lots of hours) when I had a ND5 XS > Nait XS 2 for a few weeks and although the sound was different, it was not enough to justify the outlay. Perhaps one day I will try one again with my current system, but I will say I am quite happy with the music today!

1 Like

Hi Nick, I chose silver primarily because its the best conductor, but what that small thin contact point area will do in combo with the whole copper cable length, I’m not too sure.
I said no to gold because I don’t see what advantages its non-tarnish feature has in the wipe clean contacts installed in the Naim unit DIN sockets when most people (like me) unplug & replug (wipe the contacts) at least once a year. I also suspect some marketing hype with the ‘gold’ word results in unnecessary pricing.

1 Like
  1. For din > din

2. For RCA > RCA a basic unbranded £1 interconnect

1 Like

Only the Hiline has the decoupled plugs and this is part of the SQ improvement.

1 Like

They don’t release Morgana IC until August. A few people did demo them and their comments are on the witch hat website.

1 Like

Correction ref my previous post: should have been option 4 (something else) and not option 2. Damn auto correct.

1 Like

Last night I ordered a used HiLine IC for my NDX2. When it arrives I’ll compare it to the Nordost Heimdall RCA IC. The simultaneous DIN/RCA output on the NDX2 makes that easy since I can switch inputs on the 282 with the remote.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this poll. To say its inconclusive is an understatement!!
I’m curious about hearing what a SL does but I don’t have the budget for one so best not to listen.

With my set up (SN2, NDX2 and PMC 25.23) I am getting more bass, more air and separation with the HiLine. The Lavender sounds leaner, but seems faster. Not convinced one is better than the other, rather they present the music in a different way. The good news is - they both sound stunning - this is a nicely balanced system.

3 Likes

Hi Clive
I would be very interested to hear how you get on with the TQ Black Diamond on your NDX2.
1GL

Will do I have no date on fhe cable as yet though

1 Like

In the end I have have acquired a HiLine DIN IC and settled on that, but it’s sort of a PITA to get it connected and dressed properly.

I tried the Nordost Red Dawn RCA IC (about $550). I thought it provided no real improvement over the Naim lavender. On some things it was just a little more open and detailed, but not on most, so I certainly couldn’t justify the extra cost.

Next I tried a Nordost Heimdall II RCA IC (about $760). This one improves consistently over the Naim lavender (and Red Dawn). It’s more open, more dynamic, has better clarity and the music just flows better.

In the meantime I found a used HiLine DIN IC at a decent price (less than cost of Nordost Red Dawn). Comparing it to the Heimdall II it’s a bit better again. More open, dynamic and more musical. It’s a no brainer to keep the HiLine, so that’s where I end up after a couple weeks trying different things.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.