Qute 24/96 subbing for 202

Hi guys, hope all’s safe & well.

Well, having 3 weeks, due to (my fault) ‘pick up’ impossibilities, of my 24/96 Qute substituting for my 202, being serviced by Darran, all I can say is “What an excellent little bit of kit it is”!
I can honestly say that I am so pleased with what it’s done, hooked up to my 200; it’s just such a capable piece of kit, the only thing I missed was being able to send my music to the Muso & QB (had to do it the other way round), otherwise: what a bargain they are! Wow!
Please let the 202 be awesome after its service :scream::rofl:
JR

1 Like

Don’t think you’ll have any issue with the quality of the 202 when it returns. Mine was a wholly different beast.

1 Like

Got my office 24/96 UQ back from repair of the screen, and I have to say it handily beats out the Matrix Mini-i Pro 3 that replaced it in the meantime. The Matrix is a great price of kit, but the UQ has an ease and musicality while not losing the PRAT that the Matrix didn’t. Both fed into a 110.

1 Like

Many thanks for the reassurance, I’ve also had the Napsc done (included in the 202 service price :+1:).
The Qute has done a stirling job since being in the 202’s place - I believe it’ll be a ‘classic’ :blush:
It normally resides in the bedroom (with a pair of Dali ikon 1 mk2), I’ve got an old Denon ‘all in one’ covering the Qute - doesn’t even come close, in fact it’s miles away sound quality wise - so I’ll be glad to get it back in place :relaxed:
Just had a message from Darran, it’s done & on the way back, I should be able to pick it up from Cymbiosis on Saturday - can’t wait! :crossed_fingers:t2::+1:

1 Like

The 202 is ‘back in situ’ - 1st impressions: wider soundstage, bass deeper/more impact, less ‘rough edges’ around the upper frequencies. Can’t get a proper listen until Sunday, but so far; delighted! :smiley:

Great. It was the wider soundstage which floored me. It was as though I’d gone from mono to stereo. The smooth upper frequencies is a sign that all is very much well again.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.