Qutest, Hugo TT2, Mscaler

You should compare it with the TT2 as well. I tried both and after hearing the TT2 with Mscaler - never looked back.

2 Likes

Thx …I think!

3 Likes

In the US a Hugo TT2 and M Scaler are $10,230…Which is for me a lot of money. How much are they in the U.K.?

I did a bit of research seems in the U.K. the list price is £9250. so about a thousand dollars less. I’m not sure if the prices on Graham’s web site included VAT though. And of course I don’t know what typical discounts are, but I’m sure at least 5%

UK prices are rarely quoted without VAT, so I think you can take it that you are seeing the price you would actually pay.

No discount?!

quick question regarding set up of TT2 / Dave for my upcoming demo

what / how do people run them e.g. obviously will try DAC mode of both into my NAC282 , and more than likely Pre-amp mode to my 250DR

am i right thinking people use a certain colour when in pre-amp mode and am sure i have read some people report better results using pre-amp mode into their naim pre-amp (might of been hugo2 specific)

i would feed them via USB from my zenith mk3

any tips appreciated so get best representative performance

1 Like

If you get this you’ll have to let me know how you get on with the Qutest and Qutest + MScaler. This is my intended next step as well!

2 Likes

I run mine in DAC mode through my 282 (from my Innuos to mscaler). I use filter 4 with my current setup, but your choice may change according to yours and your musical preference.

I am currently playing with the TT2 as the pre into my 250.2 With this set- up I am preferring filter 1 and 2.

I will give more feedback in my experience as the week goes on. Look forward to hearing yours.

2 Likes

@MrUnderhill not sure about deals on the Qutest, but a certain dealer is selling ex-display MScaler for £2750, unregistered with full warranty. Has the same surname as the boxer Iron Mike.

1 Like

I had a chat with them on Thursday, although it was then £150 more.

…you’re not making this any easier you know! :wink:

The thing is… there’s more than one :flushed::grimacing::christmas_tree:

LOL! :rofl:

The bad news for me… temptation… is they’re only 10mins drive from me (Newcastle) :pleading_face:

1 Like

Why do you have to pay a deposit for demo? Is this direct from Chord or dealer? Just curious as I might try a demo myself at some point.

Interesting one this.
So, when I demo’d anything from my local dealers there was zero deposit. After all, they know me and delivered the gear.
When however I demo’d so me cables, my dealer did not have the ones I was after, so had the cable firm send them direct to me. Inside was the ( retail) costs of the cables ( if I didn’t d not return them). Something like £4k!
As it turned out I did return them, but did not go through with the purchase.

Is to do a home demo of the kit. Seems standard approach :slight_smile:

Same here but maybe it’s because he knows me and I’ve bought lots of kit from him. I’m not averse to paying a deposit if needed juts thought it unusual.

I think you are mistaken on UK prices. I own the TT2 and M Scaler so am aware of prices, currently £7490 including VAT. In my experience discounts are not generally available from most dealers, although part exchange prices available are likely to vary.

Did you go for it? I see the price has gone up to £2,999.

I passed on this one, although it was a good deal… I’ve had plenty of changes recently so I’m happy to sit back and enjoy them and let them all settle in!