R.I.P. Ian Lavender

Don’t tell him Pike…

13 Likes

I’ll tell mum.
RIP Ian thanks for all the laughs.
Sgt Wilson was your dad but you knew that. :wink:

7 Likes

Oh no, a great shame, and still so young.

7 Likes

Was last man standing.

At least the gang are together again in that great parade ground in the sky. Thanks for all the great memories, there will never be another series like Dads Army, pure genius. RIP Private Pike.

7 Likes

Yes….don’t tell him Pike….classic. Sad. They were all such good actors, they made it look easy….great script.

5 Likes

Very sad. Comedy at its best.

2 Likes

Sad news indeed, also appreciating that he was the last of the line up. A classic role in a classic comedy very much of its time & as mentioned above, never to be repeated.

1 Like

That is very sad.

1 Like

Yet another link to my long lost youth gone. A great actor with wonderful comic timing.

The “victim” of perhaps the funniest moment in Mastermind with Rick Wakeman.

9 Likes

Having been repeatedly on our screens, almost continuesly for the past 50 years, it doesn’t really seem as if any of them have gone.

RIP Pikey, you, along with the rest of the ‘boys’, leave many wonderful memories.

4 Likes

A great shame indeed. Forever young in all our memories though!

1 Like

I’m always surprised, when I catch an old Dads Army, how clever and well written they are… and still funny.

G

8 Likes

Sad news - I think The Vicar (‘His Reverand’) was the last of the main characters to pass before him, feels like the end of an era now.

1 Like

And totally shows up as @!*# pretty well all of the comedy that the Beeb have produced over the last 20-odd years !

4 Likes

Now that’s brilliant…!

1 Like

Name

3 Likes

Great comic acting by Philip Madoc in that episode as well…

2 Likes

Been enjoying the radio re-runs on Radio 4 Extra over the past few months.

The all time classic episode ‘The Deadly Attachment’ is on BBC iplayer.

I have the “complete episodes” box set of DVDs. Suberb actors, damn good scripts. Probably the Beeb’s best ever comedy series.

4 Likes