Radikal Home!

Hi folks,
I need a little advice if I may with regard to locating my Radikal on a Naim Fraim.
In the stack at present I have from top to bottom:-
NAC 552
Superline
NDX2
Radikal
NAP 500
Is this the best location for the Radikal? as I was toying with the idea of locating it at the bottom of the Fraim. Of course the oposite stack comprises of power supplies. I do look forward to your advice.

Regards
Neil

1 Like

Hi Neil, welcome to the community.

I would choose that order as well.

My stack order is
LP12
Superline
Radikal
Supercap

Due to some problems at the beginning of last year, I placed the Superline as far away as possible from all devices. Same with Radikal. Did not affect the sound. Not even when the stack order was changed to
LP12
Radikal
Superline
Supercap

Therefore I’m back to the order shown above. Since the power supplies are obviously not that close and probably no interference exists, I would leave that order.

Neil - can you share a pic?

It looks like you are working to the brain/brawn stack arrangement - but I note the 500 is down low, which suggests you may have drooping burndies from the 500PS to 500?

Where is the TT in all this as the location of my Radikal (TT has a wall shelf) is governed by cable length.

I have always found the 500 is happier not on the bottom shelf of Fraim. I have my Radikal on the bottom shelf and the 500 on a tall level above it with the 552 on that.

1 Like

Hi Hermann,
Apologies for the late reply, Im working night shift.
I thank you for your swift reply, I had a good idea I wasnt too far away however Happy Listener has a good comment with regard to burndys, its something that never really crossed my mind.

Theres no harm in trying…
Neil

Happy Listener,

Im sorry I cant right now as Im offshore but would certainly send one when I return home (end of the week). You have made a great comment in relation to burndys, indeed it does actually take a bit of a drop from the PS and is something which never really crossed my min. Certainly worth while re-locating the PS or as MichaelF mentions, locate the Radikal to the bottom of the Fraim.
Thanks for the heads up its appreciated.
Neil

Hi MichaelF,

Great picture, I may well try this arrangement. My system will be pulled apart shortly as we are decorating. This would give me a great opportunity to experiment, I have looked at some systems and indeed the Radikal supposedly feels at home more on the bottom.
Thank for your advice and pic!
Neil

Happy Listener,
Apologies, I did not answer your question completely, my TT is located on a dedicated shelf above the brawn stack (no equipment on the top of the Fraim) my superline is located on the second shelf down on the brains with my 552 on the top shelf, this helps with the dressing of the phono leads as they are not too stressed.
Thanks agin.
Neil

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.