Rain ... background or integral to a track

Black Sabbath by Black Sabbath on Black Sabbath - the opening of the the first track on their their first LP, starting with the sound of rain: certainly not backgound as it starts creating the chilling atmosphere

2 Likes

Having had time to think, a few more -
The Blue Nile - Tinseltown in the Rain
Deacon Blue - Raintown
Buddy Holly - Raining In My Heart

I cannot believe I got here before @Peder Tina Turner - I Can’t Stand The Rain, although my preference is for Ann Peebles.

For real rain, African Sanctus, or a bit more obscure Wardruna - Yygdrassil.

Classically, The Four Seasons

2 Likes

Background
Doors - Raiders on the Storm…mentioned before but definitely my favourite song with Rain sound effect.
A-ha - Crying in the Rain

Integral
Eurythmics - Here Comes the Rain Again
Prince - Purple Rain
Grace Jones - Walking in the Rain
B. J. Thomas - Raindrops keep falling on my head

Just to name a few

1 Like

Amy Grant - My Father’s Eyes

I recall a track from this album (O Sacred Head) being played by Doug Graham and Mark Tucker at a Naim Audio presentation many years ago. Whilst recording the track the heavens opened and the sound of the rain was picked up on the tape. It adds significantly to the atmosphere. Quite a good reference track too.

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:@catswhiskers,…:joy::grin::joy::+1:t2:.

/Peder🙂

1 Like

Credence Clearwater Revival/Ramones/various others - Have You Ever Seen The Rain?

3 Likes

Flash and the Pan Walking in the Rain (1978, covered by Grace Jones in 1981)

2 Likes

Rain by Martin Stephenson & The Daintess - the best of them all!

1 Like

After watching the puddles fill for days, listening to Rachel Unthank sing the lullaby:

*Can’t stop it raining.
*Can’t plug a hole in the sky.

seems very appropriate.

Roger

3 Likes

Sass Jordan with Stevie Salas on guitar - what a voice!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.