Rain ... background or integral to a track

It started raining as I walked the dog this morning. Do you have a favourite track or album where rain features?
Here’s one of mine:

4 Likes

Not replying directly to your subject but I’m guessing it’s not a Staffie. My old girl (see avatar) would complain big time if she had to go out and get wet. Then, out for walkies on a fine day at the first sign of a river, puddle or whatever … straight in.
Gotta love ‘em.

2 Likes

Title track of this, I’m not usually too interested in sound effects on tracks, but the rain on Black Sabbath sets the mood immediately.

8 Likes

Its always raining here, too many to mention😉

1 Like

Badger paddling in the Thames near Kemble.

3 Likes

More obviously rain related … this takes me back to wet summers in Kensal Green

4 Likes

@Camphuw on the recent tour they were playing the sound of rain at the start for about 30 mins as people were getting seated. Very cool.

1 Like

Great to play while looking out at the rain

9 Likes

Good call on The Doors Riders On The Storm.

Otherwise, it just has to be side Three of ELO’s Out Of The Blue - Concerto For A Rainy Day;

8 Likes

Macho City - Steve Miller Band.

A stonking track IMO.

Grace Jones - Walking In The Rain
Eva Cassidy (and many others) Early Morning Rain

3 Likes

Aaron Neville - It Feels Like Rain. (Beautiful.

4 Likes

Neil Diamond Tap Root Manuscript, probably one of the best recorded albums as well.

Nick

1 Like

Rain by Patty Griffin.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Paul Simon/S&G - Kathy’s Song
Brad Paisley - Rainin’ You
Keith Urban - Raining on Sunday
Everly’s (or your favourite cover - I like Albert Lee) - Crying in the Rain
There are quite a few good un’s
:umbrella:

1 Like

I think it’s pretty integral to this album.

3 Likes

My dog won’t go outside if it’s raining so we don’t need to soundtrack. As rain songs there’s way to many, The Beatles -Rain, Nick Lowe - Shame on the Rain, Karl Blau- Fallin’ Rain, Creedence Clearwater Revival- Who’ll Stop the Rain and so on.

1 Like

Vangelis and Rutger Hauer monologue…“Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain”. Still my fav rain song, albeit short, sweet but never looses its beauty. Not a bad film either ;-). Enjoy your weekend one and all…R…

2 Likes