Rearview close-up pictures

Front

Back

6 Likes

He is still a legendā€¦ā€¦hope to see him at Audio show east at the end of the month.

2 Likes

I like your use of the pieces of pipe insulation. I feel rather silly that Iā€™ve not thought of it before, Iā€™m going to do it now! Well as best I can as space is rather tight!

1 Like

I wish Iā€™d used slightly larger (longer lengths) of insulation as these have a tendency to slip around rather too easily.

1 Like

Just a little reality checkpoint. Itā€™s the shadows that makes it look more complicated.

3 Likes

Who was it who temporarily went ott with the pipe insulation? Has a metal stand with wheels?

Found it ā€¦. Whatā€™s your most extreme ā€˜out thereā€™ tweak? - #8 by Neil_D

2 Likes

Iā€™ll have an update on that soon - the stands now evolved, every component now has both spike and spongy isolation with platforms, sprigs, isoacoustic orea and spikes everywhere lol :P.

Strawberry liquoriceā€¦ Yummy :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Would be interesting to know if separating and tidying up the cables improved the soundā€¦

Who knows? Iā€™m somewhat sceptical regarding such effects, as I am with cable ā€˜burn-inā€™, but I tend to follow the herd just in caseā€¦

3 Likes

Thought I hadnā€™t cleared my browser. :scream:

IMG_0466

5 Likes

This is why my dream system is a ClearAudio Concept with built in phono stage and a Naim Star with built in FM tuner .

AVM is your friend then.

1 Like

Cable dressing this little lot is a real challenge.

10 Likes

Been up the Naim system for over 30 years and now gently downsizing.

My decisions to downsize were helped by cataract , a dodgy knee, weakened pelvic floor and two incisional hernias , the urge for lighter, simpler solutions is my main thought.

I still know that a Star/ClearAudio with some decent speakers (say Graham/Rogers/Falcon) will still sound better than many other peopleā€™s systems.

3 Likes

No room !

5 Likes

Apparently a poster for a Carry On film is now deemed as inappropriate, you just couldnā€™t make it upā€¦

5 Likes

Batman sold me this.

14 Likes

Never seen that one. I had to look it up to check it was a real Carry On and not a spoof poster!

Will always adore Elke Sommer for playing such a wonderful female lead in A Shot In The Dark, which I think is the finest Pink Panther movie.

1 Like

Agreed. A decent turntable, along with Naim electronics and some good BBC school speakers is a very nice place to be.

1 Like