Rearview close-up pictures

I win.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Weā€™ve already seen Tonyā€™s one time system in the fourth post on this very thread. Itā€™s certainly hard to beat.

Yes I loose sleep over arranging this

7 Likes

Ooo !!! I do like a tidy rear
My system is not at all complex but unlike all the posts so far on the thread Iā€™m one of the few in that I make most all my own cables & each is made to fit the application.
That in itself makes cable tidy & separation so much easier & to that end I use conduit to house power & other odds & sods.

5 Likes

Can you detail somewhere what cables & connectors you use? And do you use crimp termination or solder?

Hi n-lot, howzit goinā€™ ?

Cable details are in my profile, but hereā€™s the list of my own made ones ā€¦
IC: Mogami W2549 + REAN/Neutrik DIN-DIN.
Power: Furutech FI-1363 13A + H07RN-F 4mm/2 to power board.
Power board is DIY, including 1000VA DC Off-Set Filter + 3x MK Double Sockets
2x Mark Grant DSP 2.5mm + leGO IEC-320 + BG Permaplug 13A to Supernait & NAT-05.
Speaker cable: Chord Odyssey + Naim plugs on amp & Deltron to speakers

Its all soldered

1 Like

Iā€™ve read ferrites on ethernet cable is a no no? I tried ferrites on power cables and all over the place but felt the sound collapsed and felt less dynamic and alive so removed them all.

Ferrite cores on ethernet cables is kinda pointless and can be detrimental for a few reasons. Ferrite cores are to eliminate common mode current. Twisted pair ethernet is balanced with 100 ohm impedance. There is a transformer at each end of the connection. The current is balanced between the two wires in each pair. A ferrite core would be a choke and reduce the current. Making things worse. They also wouldnā€™t be able to react fast enough for the frequencies in use.

I do like a nice simple setup as shown in yours and Nigelā€™s pictures.

Very neat.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s the view to the rear on the left side of my Fraim Lite the right side is even more congested as thatā€™s where the mains connections are, none of it is ideal but itā€™s the best I can do with limited space as my system is in our main lounge.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not overly keen on wires.

7 Likes

Tidy though!

1 Like

There are numbers of opposing views on ferrite on ethernet. But as it happens, that photo was taken a few years ago, I no longer have ferrite on ethernet.

However I do have a heavily loaded SMPS power strip specifically to reduce switching noise (50kHz / 2MHz) as much as possible using the lowest available frequency ferrite mix.
I have not experienced any detrimental effects with using ferrite on 50Hz power leads, in fact I canā€™t detect any difference + or -.

1 Like

Some of these pictures give me nightmares!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a shocking mess :rofl::rofl:.

May I suggest you go fully wireless. Sound quality issues be-dammed. That will enable a 25% reduction in mess !

It certainly seems pipe-lagging is A Thing!

G

Can we have a picture of your soldering station?

I saw that before - A* for commitment to the cause! :wink:

1 Like

The new system is fully balanced except the NDX2 and 555, so unfortunatly no lagging needed now. Although I still canā€™t resist lagging power cords from the 6 CD Blocker lol.

1 Like