Rebooting my Mu-so (1st generation)

I’ve recently had to reboot on a couple of occasions. Firstly UPnP wouldn’t work. I selected an album which loaded but wouldn’t play and the screen flashed back to the main screen.

Then Tidal wouldn’t play a playlist which would load but nothing happened.

A reboot cured both the problems, although, given the weight of the Mu-so and the position of the socket this is a pain to do.

Is this a common problem? Is there a fix?

If you are using it wireless you could try a wired connection.

Thanks but all wired.

Hi Richard,
I have a first generation Muso QB that’s wired and it requires quite frequent rebooting, it displays the same behaviour as yours.
I haven’t been able to identify the exact nature of the problem, a reboot fixes it, sometimes just restarting the app fixes things.
I also noticed that pressing a command, and not repressing if there wasn’t an immediate response means the QB locks up less. Sometimes the response is just slow, taking several seconds to activate a command.
Not sure if any of that helps? Hopefully the sound quality makes it worth the hassle?

1 Like

Hi Jim, thanks for the response. Restarting the app hasn’t worked for me.

I’ve certainly noticed a slow response and will follow your advice.

Have you tried a reset? I think that will be next.

I did try a reset as a more permanent resolution, but for me,whilst it fixed things at the time, the same issues recurred a few weeks later. So not much better than a reboot, but more work, as I needed to restore radio presets etc.

1 Like

I have to reboot mine abut once or twice a year. I usually shut down everything including router, then restart the router, all wifi access points, then one by one, the Muso-QB’s.
Seems to keep it going well for the next 6 months or so.
It might be worth trying the same.

Thanks. Good idea.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.