Recording Quality

It’s been my habit, when nothing else is happening, to spend 3 or 4 hours on Sunday afternoon listening to selections of music from my server.

I started yesterday’s session with some jazz; Jazz From The Pawnshop (Arne Domnérus), Sci-Fi & Vertical Vision (Christian McBride), Face The Music (George Duke). Sheer bliss, fantastic music, superb recording techniques.

This was followed by a session of rock excerpts: Physical Graffiti (Led Zeppelin), Who’s Next (The Who), Rebel (John Miles).

Now I’m not saying the recording quality of the rock was rubbish, but it didn’t hold a candle to the jazz! Is this simply down to the different genres? That jazz is easier to record effectively? Or is it simply that the recording engineers generally employed within the rock/pop sector of the industry are less experienced/skilled?

Any thoughts?

Well Rebel by John (Music) Miles was produced by Alan Parsons and he knows a lot about audiophiles:sunglasses:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.