Recording vinyl in hi-def for Uniti Nova

I’m not sure about a “storage program” but it sounds like you want some kind of program that will organise your stored music and allow you to play it from the computer back through the DAC/DAC. Plenty around, some free, some that charge a one-off fee or subscription. Best to take a look and maybe try some free trials. Some are Mac specific.

Richard

I think he simply wants to record and store hi-def 24/192 music files on the MAC. Then copy a selection of these files onto a memory stick, which he then plugs into the the MUSO or NOVA.

Possibly, yes, I’ve just looked at the system profile so I guess the DAC part of the Stratos will not be used here.

In which case just name the tracks then put the tracks in a folder named after the album. Then put that album folder into another folder named with the artist. You might also want to run all the album/tracks through metadata editor like dbpoweramp to ensure that there is suitable embedded metadata - artist, album, track, track number, artwork etc. dbpoweramp also allows you to convert WAV to FLAC (lossless audio compression), which can save space and also better supports embedded metadata that can be read by a music server.

Once done you can put the folders onto a hard drive or stick and plug them into the USB of your Uniti Star. You can do the same thing with any downloads.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.