Rega goes walnut

This wood fashion became really crazy. The turntable here, one that IKEA could sell for 200 euros, costs 4k euros. Crazy times.

3 Likes

My post was a reply to the OP, who thinks it looks rather nice.

I guess it’s down to taste. You either have it or you don’t.

Are you therefore saying that because I think the Rega looks nice I have no taste? That’s certainly how it reads.

1 Like

I had a Rega Planar 3 in the 1980s, and would love to have had it in a different colour to the black it was supplied with. In fact in the dealer there was a white one and a green one on display and I was told on ordering that they’d discontinued them so black it was. I did consider veneering it at one point but then I saw the mess my brother had made of his Logic dm101. I like it and I suspect the pictures don’t do it justice.

I think the few Rega turntables that have been in wood are rather good looking.

1 Like

I think the Regas have the classic look and are wife friendly.

Classic look?

3 Likes

I actually was referencing the wood plinth Regas. I think the P10 is an excellent turntable but my wife would object as too modern.

@anon4489532 Nigel I’m sure the skeletal construct aids the performance but an all black plinth would look stunning.

“These are the voyages of the Rega P10. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no one has gone before…”

4 Likes

Totally, right? Especially viewed from diagonally below.
And I’d watch that show!

So would I.

2 Likes

Where’s the Romulan Cloaking Device when you need one. :scream_cat:

2 Likes

They are barred from using it by intragalactical treaties

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.