Rega Naia

Look forward to the review of that!

I would expect the Rega to an-NAIA-late the Vertere :wink:

3 Likes

After today’s demo at my dealer: No doubt that Rega’s new turntable, the Naia, is an exquisite product :ok_hand::grin:

13 Likes

”Does it come in black?” :bat:

1 Like

What is the support it is sat on?

And how did it sound against the P8 and P10?

Above, but then i bet they didn’t have the same cartridge on both.
I asked a dealer to do just that and they didn’t want too, they said they didn’t have another cartridge to use as it was too expensive to get in.
That wasn’t the answer i was hoping for but also said a lot really.

Hmm, not that encouraging really.

Never understood AB tests not sharing same “backend”. Same goes when comparing systems and they hook up Chord Music on the expensive setup and Epic on the cheaper setup. I mean, just the cables itself is a HUGE upgrade on this level. A cartridge is a huge part of the performance. If it’s not the same in an AB test the AB test is flawed IMO.

Different carts. Naia used Aphelion 2. The P8 looks like Apheta 3.

Aphelion 2 = 5000 EUR - ish
Apheta 2 = 1500 EUR - ish

1 Like

The demo was largely about the comparison between P10 and Naina. P8 dropped out early for obvious reasons. The same pickup, the Rega Aphelion, was used on both the P10 and Naia through Rega’s reference riia. The P10 certainly sounds very good, but the Naia is nevertheless on another level with its open and musical fluid sound, without a doubt a player that is up there and can compete with the best.

4 Likes

In this case you are wrong, see above… In the previous demo between P8 and P10, the same pickup was also used on both, in that case it was the Apheta 3. So maybe you should get the facts before you speak Blackbird :sunglasses:

The same pickup, the Rega Aphelion, was used on both the P10 and Naia through Rega’s reference riia :innocent:

Maybe not, but there’s no way my wife would let me swap out my Xerxes 20 plus for one.
When I recently auditioned the Vertere MG1, they also had a Naia and I said I’ll need to hear that too before I change anything.
Her face told me everything I needed to know.

2 Likes

Hope she didn’t choose you by the same criteria :slight_smile:

2 Likes

These;

1 Like

Arm?

yes, if we had the same arm, plinth and cartridge would they still sound different :wink:

:+1:

1 Like

Arm?:thinking:

Did the 10 & Naia use the same arms as well as cartridges? Never owned one but Rega arms seem to receive universal acclaim so the new titanium arm might be more significant than the ‘plinth’. I’m sure the Naia package is marvellous, just interested.