Rega p10 and PhoenixNet fuses

I have also another question. On one speaker, there is like a radio frequency noise, strident. And another like pop pop. It’s very minor, but when there’s no music, I can hear this very little stridency from my sitting place. Can it have a bad effect on music? When music is at very low volume, if I go very close with my ear to the speaker, I can hear it .

Hi guys, it’s finally not that. When I unplugged those two cables, and used another powerblock, it works. So the problem is from the two power strips inside the powerblock.
Easy repairable @james_n ?

Now all is working. The REGA ps and the PhoenixNet are on a cheap powerblock. Much better news than before.

6 Likes

Does your power cable/plug/block have a fuse?

I had a similar pop noise on my system especially when I turned the fluorescent lights on.

I found it was from an unshielded power cable that was close to or touching the speaker cables.

Maybe the power cable you have used to test is cheap and without shielding.

Whereas the normal power cables that broke are more expensive and have shielding.

1 Like

Oh good. That’s saved you a bit more aggravation.

As @Yorkshireman says, is your power block fused in some way. Is it just those two outlets that don’t work or the whole block ?

If the whole block doesn’t work then check the cable supplying it and the socket it’s plugged in to.

1 Like

The 4 other sockets work. It’s an Eros Titan powerblock. I couldn’t see on the specs if there are fuses for each outlet.

I use high quality power cables. I tried today an XLR to RCA cable, a Rega cable. No noise at all, in any speaker.
However the drop in sound quality from the Chord signature tuned array XLR to XLR is important.

I tried to isolate cables, not touching themselves, and now it’s a bit better.
I hear the little noises only if my ear is very close to the speaker.
Do you think it’s a problem, does it affect sound quality ?

2 Likes

Speak to the manufacturer and see what they advise regarding the sockets that have stopped working.

Anyway, glad you are nearly all sorted :+1:

2 Likes

I meant the power cable you used to test the Phoenix Net and Rega. I thought it was maybe not as good as the ones that are broken.

It doesn’t for me but I only (used) to get the odd pop/crackle every so often but since moving unshielded power cable away from speaker cables I no longer have this problem.

1 Like

I suppose you use Schuko plugs at the wall in France? so there will be no fuse in the plugs.

1 Like

Ah ok. I will send the Eros Titan powerblock for repair. If it worth.
I ordered for now the Vibex Alacros, manufactured in Spain.
Seems to be very well built and received high praise.

1 Like

Not sure if you saw this one I posted before from Germany.

I’d not seen or heard of the Vibex one before, but it looks (as you say) very well built and (I would think) should be very good.

Will share when delivered. It’s pure copper with rodhium plated outlets.
The Sean Jacobs is very probably very good. Could take also the Nordost Qb6, but not sure as I don’t like their power cables with Naim.

1 Like

The one in the link I posted above is not Sean Jacobs, it’s made in Germany by Makro Audio.

You have seen it before because you liked my post, but just to refresh your memory.

The cables go with the power block, within it?
It seems to be well built too, and nice looking.

2 Likes

Yes either six or eight fixed cables like a hydra, they have a website Makro Audio. The middle cable is the inlet power cable to goto wall.

1 Like

The Vibex I ordered is finally not available. Life is short, so I couldn’t resist.
Guess what I bought?

With Shukko sockets. The IEC is standard, so I can use an European cable to connect to the wall.

Can’t wait!

1 Like

Sort of expected you to do that all along. You’ll love it.

1 Like

I Hope it will resolve the little noise from the speaker.
If not I will have to modify my XLR to XLR Chord signature to XLR to RCA.
But my dealer says the sound will not be so good. Dilemma.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.