Rega P6 vs Technics sl-1210 mk7

Hi to all…

I know … I’m about to make a strange request …

I was about to evaluate the replacement of my Rega P6 with a P8 …

then the soul of an ex DJ made me take into consideration a technics 1210 mk7 (or the 1500 ) …

does anyone have direct experience between the 2 turntables?

I have no direct experience with either (but do own a Technics turntable), but am wondering about the specific choices of turntable.

The mk7 of course has the DJ features like reverse rotation, holder for an additional stylus, spill proof etc. The SL1500C is actually a HiFi table, like the Rega, but is less than half the price of the P8 yet includes a cartridge and phono stage. Since you don’t seem to be prejudice against Technics/DirectDrive like quite a few on this fourm, why not put the SL1200GR into the mix, still 30% cheaper than the P8. Use the money saved on a nice element and/or phono stage.

Or, if you can stretch, the SL-1200/1210G(AE).

If it matters, my Technics table is the SL-1210GAE and consider it end-game. (Unless I win the lottery of course)

Go try out a 1200gr. Being an ex DJ also I went from a rega p2 to a lp12/lingo blah blah to a simple technics. Got a nice audio technica on a pre mounted headshell for the good records and an ortofon DJ cart for the 1000s of 12s I’ve got. You definitely don’t become too precious using the 1210. I’ve even bought a pair of stantons for the spare room/2nd system to have mid life crisis mix😂

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.