Rel sub cable

I’m sure this will get me in trouble but I’ve got to say this: @Xanthe how many REL subs have you owned? How many REL subs have you set up in your home or someone else’s?

I’ve owned 6 including my current S/510 . I’ve sold more than 75 as a salesperson and Manager of an Audio store. I even had one of the REL folks visit my store and train us in REL’s Master Setup, and I’ve setup many many REL’s in client homes.

So I say truce. You believe what you want. And maybe let others have a point of view without bashing them with your science.

1 Like

Hi opus
In no way have you stressed me out, it’s good to hear different opinions

Oh sorry, in answer to your question the cable was this at 4m.

Bassline Blue is what I use myself.

1 Like

The one I have is not the original baseline blue, it’s a cheaper alternative one

No, the amp effectively doesn’t “see” the extra cable to the sub when connected at the speaker end.

This is how it should be connected with a Naim amp. Richard Lord (founder of REL, and also at one time a member of this forum) used to provide special instructions for Naim amp users.

1 Like

And how many people with REL subs (or other makes of sub for that matter) have tried the low low level input and arranged a proper stereo feed to it? If not then your or they…
1 can’t just assume that connecting the cable to the power amp has no discernible impact on sq
2 cant know the effect that the back EMF of the bass cones of the speakers have on the sub
3 cant know the effect the group delay of the sub has on the crossover to the sub to from the main speakers (unless of course you’ve moved the sub much closer to the listener to compensate for this).
But then maybe your guesses and assumptions are more reliable than the experience of people who have tried this (even if this has been using other makes of sub).

You are right again.

And you are dragging your own level down to mere school playground insults again.

Ad hominem insults such as yours merely point out the weakness of your position (and by corollary thus lend tacit support to my arguments!)

So, you edited your last post… at least that removes the worst of the childishness.

1 Like

No idea what you’re talking about?

But how come you get so torqued up when someone disagrees with you. Do believe that you are always right with no room for error or other points of view?

I welcome reasoned discussion. Simply insulting me doesn’t count as reasoned discussion.

If you want to provide a rational refutation of my position, or reasoned alternative to my points please do so. I have provided rational supported for my position, are you willing to do likewise?

I’m willing to not interact with you. Happy Trails X.

I edited the post. I felt the name calling was inappropriate and in breach of forum AUP.

I have a Nait XS3 and a Rel T9i, which I’ve tried to connect via the normal high-level option and also directly via the speaker binding posts. Both options created a high level hum in the speakers with the original Rel cable. The solution for me was to use Designacables Naim/Rel high level cable, which works tremendously well. I can highly recommend it. It has stackable banana plugs in the amp end.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.