Replacement for Titan 808s

Tub? Are you referring to the ceiling fan?

That certainly is a 3 blade brushed nickel or stainless ceiling fan. Wonderful view and system. Years ago I believe your speakers were different? Maybe sometime before the old forum was retired? I remember a different setup and furniture maybe?

Scott

1 Like

Thanks!

I’ve had a few speakers in this space: Sonus Faber, Naim Ovator, Kudos Titan T88 and finally ProAc K6 Signatures.

Boenicke produce some of the most visually unobtrusive speakers I have seen vs the scale of music they produce. More warm than neutral but quite enjoyable. You have to ignore the weird component upgrades within each series and just listen; those weird upgrades do seem to produce positive results.

These are only the speakers with 500 series. It was a last year thread.
I know there are also 2 members with Wilson Benesh.

These look gorgeous. The ability to move them easily is a big plus. Their website says they need to be away from the wall. Has this been your experience?

I showed her the Wilsons. It proved to be a good move. She’s starting to like the 808s more by the minute!

3 Likes

If I didn’t like the sound I could always keep them for the crematorium and save on a coffin!

6 Likes

Sonus Faber are, I think, the most beautiful speakers I have seen and are within my price range but I was told they needed quite a bit of space from the wall. That’s a luxury I can’t afford

1 Like

Yes this is the answer… I don’t know why I didn’t think of this… just start showing her pictures of big old JBL’s and what not…. She’ll be dusting the 808’s in no time.

2 Likes

I do not know the size of the titans, but audiovector sr6 the new version should be tried. They are big but should not look that unfriendly also depending on the finish.
I have never understood the big following dynaudio speakers has, they are not on my list of speakers I would consider replacing my audiovector speakers.
Claus

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that, but I suspect if you show her the big B&W 800s and the Focal Utopias she’ll start to realise how subtly and unobtrusively the Titans fit into a room.
The late lamented reviewer Malcolm Steward once wrote of the DBLs something along the lines of “They fit unobtrusively in a living room the way two washing machines don’t”.

3 Likes

Against our dark curtains in a similar sized room to yours our 808s don’t look too overbearing, just my opinion of course, and you do get used to the size with time. Mrs F. loves them!!!

11 Likes

They look really nice Michael👍

1 Like

That’s a Wo-Wo-Wo-Wow from SJB!! And I can see why! Looks fab.

Peter

I agree - they do look great. Your room is similar to mine except your Naim kit can’t be seen. My 7 boxes are in view as they are quite close to the Titans. Then there are the Burndies and other cables. I am coming round to the idea that the Titans sound great and I don’t want to lose that to any significant extent - that’s a compromise too far. Looks like I am going to tough it out but I am going to try some of the Forum’s suggestions, for which I am grateful. Looks like some fun is in store.

Yes all my kit is at the other end of the room speaker cables hidden beneath the carpet for domestic harmony!

4 Likes

And the award for best system in best room within most beautiful surroundings goes to …… Chris. Again.

1 Like

Yep. Agree

1 Like

That looks a lovely set up and your lounge looks similar to ours. The way you have the system set up has given me food for thought. Out of interest, what are the dimensions of your room?