@Richard Dane

Hi Richard. The player was sent to Naim for service but the mech that was in the unit couldn’t be fixed but i have picked up another mech. Iall i needed to know is if it was soldered in. The mech requires no soldering to place it in, it’s just ribbon cable, which is well within my capability.

Thanks.

We do not permit discussion of modifications to internal components of Naim equipment and this also extends, at the Moderators’ discretion, to products from other manufacturers and electronic DIY discussion. This also applies to discussion of companies who undertake unauthorised modifications to Naim equipment.

Hello, this is from the pinned forum rules post. I don’t think the question will be permitted

1 Like

I suggest you get advice from Naim tech support. Just call them.

As stated, the player has been to Naim for this specific reason. The mech was broken & couldn’t be fixed but i now have another mech. Naim won’t fit a second hand laser mech so thought i would ask. It’s no biggie.

Not a problem, i will ask on another forum.

1 Like

Lee, please see my post in your other thread. Forum rules does not permit such discussion here, but you could contact Naim support for advice.