RIP Judith Durham

I suppose the song many remember the Seekers and Judith for is “There’s a New World Somewhere they call the Promised Land……”. I enjoyed their music and her singing a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEm7nlfIN-Q

Phil

3 Likes

The Seekers were one of my Mum’s favourites. She had one of those record club box sets of their most famous works which I have in my collection somewhere now. Those songs and Judith’s lovely voice are burnt into my memory!

2 Likes

Was the Roger Whittaker ‘Greatest Hits’ released as a single or an LP?

No there were some good ones, “Durham Town” New World In The Morning" Last Farewell . I played it and had heard most of them before
Sounded surprisingly good thru’ my system as opposed to a TV, transistor radio or car speaker

& @Ian2001

Back in the early 1980’s a couple of our Hi-Fi mags used RW tracks on free discs that were distributed with the mags to demonstrate various aspects of our systems due to what they said was his exceptionally clear, precise & tuneful voice. I think I still have them somewhere & will no doubt have a look for them in the next few days.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.