RIP Stan Bowles

As a QPR supporter he was the greatest I ever saw, of course completely partisan, but his talent was extraordinary.

3 Likes

The first of my “hero” footballers when I was about 5. That’s so sad :disappointed:

1 Like

Saw him play against Arsenal many times, always a buzz in the crowd when he had the ball.

1 Like

Very sad news , I never saw him play but having lived in W12 for over 20 years I have many friends who saw him play regularly in his pomp and still wax lyrical of his skills . QPR managed to win today in his honour , hopefully that continues .

RIP .

1 Like

Sad news. Although a Norwich supporter Stan was one of those exceptional players you looked forward to seeing. Certainly one of the best that I’ve seen.

3 Likes

Stan Bowles was an extraordinary talent. I remember travelling up to London with some mates one Boxing Day many, many years ago to take in a lunch-time game at Highbury and then over to West London to see QPR in the afternoon. Stan played and he was clearly the most gifted player on the pitch.

2 Likes

One of the great lost generation of English players. In Stan’s era, he was among many others who hardly got a look in at international level because they were mavericks. I’m thinking of the likes of Bowles, Currie and Hudson. If only they’d been Scots…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.