RiP Terry McCann

And George Carter.

Dennis Waterman: Minder and New Tricks star dies aged 74 Dennis Waterman: Minder and New Tricks star dies aged 74 - BBC News

9 Likes

In view of Naim’s clear guidelines about politics , I won’t re-post the tweet from the politician who commiserated about the death of Pete Waterman :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: and how much he enjoyed his performance in Minder

4 Likes

I’m a fan of the Sweeney and Minder so a sad day.

3 Likes

Loved The Sweeney - fabulous series. Waterman and Thaw were brilliant.

(And if you watch it today, it’s fascinating to see London in the 70s. The street scenes, people, technology, architecture, cars, pubs, wallpaper, prices, fashion - and lack of seatbelts. Moreover, it captures the grubby state of the city at that time.)

3 Likes

Write the theme tune, sing the theme tune…

5 Likes

And his very seventies Sweeney “arthritis” joke that cannot be repeated on a family forum.

1 Like

I really enjoyed Minder and The Sweeney back in the day. New Tricks established itself as one of my favourite TV series in the last few years, mainly due to Dennis’s on-screen chemistry with Alun Armstrong, James Bolam and Amanda Redman.
A sad loss. RIP Dennis.

4 Likes

5 Likes

The Sweeney and Minder - two of all my all time favs

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.