Ripping dBpoweramp Off Line

I think the issue is you have already ripped this CD. If you have any old CD lying around that you haven’t already ripped no metadata will show if there’s no internet - once it doesn’t have CD DATA.

.sjb

I’ve loaded a new CD into the drive and reading just off the CD …
Properties>ID Tag, it shows all the basic metadate … Artist, Title, Album, Year, Genre, Album/Artist plus various numbers lines
The art also gets loaded on the rip so that also must be embeded

Some newer CDs contain CD Text, but none have metadata per se, and none have album art. You must be getting to the internet somehow!

1 Like

It’s as HH says Mike. Mysteries are always interesting though.

Google will give you lots of information about this if you look.

Best David

OK, so with all internet off, and reading off the CD properties>ID Tag, it shows the normal metadata as per my previous post.
If it’s not in the CD, then were ?

The basic tag data is on the cd. Any ripping software then requires access to the www to search for other data to confirm the album art etc. Ive had a few cds rip and display tosh album art, even when connected to www.

It is possible to rip with db and not have access to www. You then need to later add the missing art by connecting in another of the apps. From memory red book cds contain little info in their TOC.

Indeed CD Text is a Sony standard, and can optionally be in the CD lead-in sub band and holds or can hold quite rich meta data… the meta data is grouped into a meta data for the CD as a whole, which they call a ‘session’ and then separate meta data for each track. Dbpoweramp can gather these meta data blocks at rip time.
However as far as I can see, for standard CD there is no way to encode album art… unless there is a new block extension defined for it that I am not aware of.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.